I lost 95 lbs and conquered my PCOS!

Options
2»

Replies

• psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Very inspiring.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    TinaBaily wrote: »
    Congratulations on your weight loss, your pregnancy, and controlling your PCOS. I have it, too. I've reached my goal and I feel very, very blessed to have been able to have 5 children in spite of the condition. If you have the time, I would love to message back and forth with you to get more pointers on how you "conquered" your PCOS. I currently take Metformin for it, although with my low weight and daily exercise, my dose has been cut in half. My daughter has the condition as well, and while she's just a teenager, I tell her she is lucky to have learned of her condition NOW and not when she's in her 30s like I was. She can work and learn to control her weight and therefore her condition before she balloons up to morbidly obese like I was.

I hope your pregnancy is a healthy and successful one. Best wishes!

I was diagnosed at 20, when I had gone about 6-7 months without a period and was not pregnant either. So I sought out help and wanted to know what the heck was going on. I was straight up told when diagnosed to loose 50 lbs and get on birth control. Since I wanted kids I said no to the birth control, I also didn't listen and gained even more weight over the years. I know others with PCOS with children as well. My cousin Lacy has been pregnant 16 times (11 miscarries, 1 was born, but died at 7 months and 4 that are alive and healthy as can be) So I know its possible, just more difficult. Well anyways, I posted this forum over a year ago but it still good information. You should skim through it or let your daughter read

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/894640/ladies-with-pcos-i-just-read-a-helpful-article#latest
  • FromGastricToFantastic
    Options
    OMG that is amazing. I am so so proud of you. What a happy ending from a rough start! You are wonderful person and I am so happy for you!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful and inspiring story. I'm posting the link on my wall as many of my pals have PCOS and I know sometimes they can feel defeated by it. Congrats and good luck on your new journey.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    How encouraging and positive. Congrats!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and the baby! I am so happy for you. :smile:
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Omg!! You look FANTASTIC!! Congratulations for both the weight loss and on the bubba!! Hope everything goes well for you in the future!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on the weight loss and overcoming PCOS.
  • fitnessmalak
    fitnessmalak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow seriously you look amazing
  • southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So happy for you. Your hard work has paid off in the best way possible. I'm sure your success will help many others and give hope.
  • alliums
    alliums Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring. Thanks for sharing this. I'm losing weight with the same goal. I also don't care much how I look. My sister lost weight to fit into clothes, and had a smaller sized dress as her reminder. I should probably hang pictures of babies!

Congratulations on your pregnancy ;)
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great story, you looked so sad in your before photos, and sooo happy and healthy now. Sorry to hear about unsupportive friends, you deserve the best.
    Congratulations on all your successes and of course your little bubby, I wish you good health and happiness.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    alliums wrote: »
    Super inspiring. Thanks for sharing this. I'm losing weight with the same goal. I also don't care much how I look. My sister lost weight to fit into clothes, and had a smaller sized dress as her reminder. I should probably hang pictures of babies!

Congratulations on your pregnancy ;)

lol I work in a daycare, so I take care of other peoples children all the time. I love em to pieces! Its what I've done for the past 10+ years, cause I babysat kids as a teen too. I've just always wanted my own. I can't afford fertility or in vitro, so I decided to get myself healthy. Believe me I did not expect it to take over 2 years either, it was slow and I got frustrated just like every-one else would. It thank-fully paid off in the end :smile:
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is truly inspiring!

You look fantastic, so much younger as well.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have recovered from body image related depression too and an eating disorder. It is really motivating to see you make it, as I literally went down the hill after being diagnosed with PCOS last summer. But I am back on the right track now.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey and enjoy your pregnancy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!