Meal suggestions for Vegetarians

Options
Hey guys. My stomach says it's time to eat again, but I'm not that great at making healthy food choices and I am trying to loose weight. I am a vegetarian, so if anyone has some suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Soo much yummy food is vegetarian. I don't even know where to begin recommending.
  • fruitytea
    fruitytea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spicy carrot and lentil soup is really tasty and filling but low in calories. I usually make a big pan then freeze some portions in takeaway boxes for lunch or dinner on days when I don't have many calories left. It's easy to make, cheap and there are lots of recipes for it online.
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    http://www.thugkitchen.com/ If you don't mind some swear words. ;)
  • AyanaJolie
    AyanaJolie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is Gouda cheese and grapes. I like taking mixed greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes tossing it with my favorite hummus then adding some cheese and cracked pepper on top.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Having a veggie day today. Here is how it looks.

Breakfast-
    Swiss muesli with a container of non fat apple spice yogurt
    A large gala apple
    Coffee with skim milk

Lunch
    1/2 can Campbell's tomato soup
    Grilled cheese sandwich
    Carrot and celery sticks
    Water to drink

Snack-
    100g grapes

Dinner-
    Fat free refried beans (canned)
    1 cup rice
    Iceberg lettuce
    Light sour cream
    Salsa
    1 oz guacamole
    Water to drink

Dessert/evening snacks
    1/4 trail mix
    5 oz blush wine
    2 corn thins
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh there are so many options! If you 're looking for a food blog, I recommend oh she glows, vegetarian times, happy herbivore etc
    Usually for dinner, I get Lentils Curries, Wraps, stews, salads, home made bean burgers.
    I keep my diary open if you want to add me you can see some options.
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • 30PoundsToDonate
    30PoundsToDonate Posts: 12
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can make a little personal pizza

1/2 cup flour (I use white wheat)
    4-5 tablespoons plain yogurt
    pinch of baking powder (or use self-raising flour)

Mix it up, flatten to some semblance of a pizza crust, top with whatever,(I'm planning to make one later with tomato sauce, cheese, olives, and leftover sauteed broccoli) and bake at 450 fahrenheit for 15 minutes

• julesblotter
    Options
    I like making lentil soup and eating it with smart dogs that I sauteed in sriracha, or chili made with lots of vegetables and a bit of coco powder ( i usually eat this with one serving of tostitos). It's also pretty easy to make a delicious vegetable and barley burger that I like to eat with pickles and carrots. I cut up an ounce of cheddar over the burger and top with sriracha. All of these are pretty low calorie and fat (even with the tostitos and cheese), and delicious with lots of vegetables. Hope this helps!
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/vegetarian-pot-pie-recipe.html

I am making this Vegetarian Pot Pie for dinner tonight and with some slight adjustment, it is only coming in at a meager 250ish cals/serving!! Which means I am totally having two servings. :) It is DELICIOUS!!!