DDP Yoga Fans?

Options
I'm doing DDP Yoga, walking and watching what I eat every day to lose 50 pounds. Anybody else doing DDP Yoga too? I love this stuff :-D

Replies

• joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yep its great!
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yeah - it's awesome. It wa my DH's idea and I decided to do the exercises with him as support (not the diet though - I just track my calories to stay in a deficit and DH doesn't diet). DDP Yoga has been a great gateway into us getting fitter and stronger. I have lost some weight doing it (I have added a few other things as well), but the biggest change for me is that it has helped a lot with mobility and just about eliminating my back and knee pain. We are on week 8 of beginner, and I've never stuck with any exercise DVD this long, so I'm definitely a fan.
  • OnePsychLynne
    OnePsychLynne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome marinabreeze! I agree about the mobility but I still struggle with my balance during the workouts, especially the Broken Table crunches :/
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I picked the dvd's up after hearing an ad for it on a podcast. I like the exercises a great deal. Some of the "bro-ness" of it is silly sometimes.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It got me back on my feet (almost literally).
  • OnePsychLynne
    Options
    I picked the dvd's up after hearing an ad for it on a podcast. I like the exercises a great deal. Some of the "bro-ness" of it is silly sometimes.

I agree, but for me, it's that "bro-ness" and silliness that keeps it from being intimidating. Him going to his knees to do the 3 count pushups, or saying nobody's fallen over yet? Those are the things he does that make me feel ok with where I'm at in the program. I don't want a perfect person showing all their fantastic moves, it just makes me want to give up. His genuineness really shows through during the workouts I think :)
  • OnePsychLynne
    Options
    It got me back on my feet (almost literally).

Did you have mobility issues?
  • bunnabear
    bunnabear Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm doing DDP Yoga, walking and watching what I eat every day to lose 50 pounds. Anybody else doing DDP Yoga too? I love this stuff :-D

I love DDP yoga. I use it along with weight lifting for most of my exercise. I have joint issues and it really reduces pain and increases mobility.

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I recently got it and love it! Honestly I've sort of fallen off the wagon but need to get back on. I kind of like the bro-ness, it makes me laugh and I like not taking things so seriuosly. I especially love smacking my mat at the end - it makes me feel like "Damn girl, you did it!"
  • littlej01
    littlej01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love DDP yoga! He's funny and I find he's encouraging. His whole "It's your workout, make it your own" is great. It's definitely help me get moving.
  • iankuk
    iankuk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love DDP and his Yoga system. What he has done with Scott Hall and Jake Roberts, (considering as a wrestling fan i saw Jake live in the ring once and he looked at deaths door) is nothing short of miraculous! Would love some DDP Yoga friends on my friends list! feel free to add me :)
  • Adiens
    Adiens Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OMG yes! I've been doing it back from when it was originally called YRG (Yoga for Regular Guys). What is everyone's favorite workout? Mine is Red Hot Core. :)

I used to be a indie professional wrestler. By the time I met him I had the entire locker room doing his yoga. He is such a humble individual as well!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Arthur's transformation still brings tears to my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is doing DDP yoga to try and help with his back problems. I think its sort of weird that it is yoga marketed towards dudes and I sort of wish he would just come to yoga class with me instead, but he seems to enjoy it. He hasn't had any specific progress with weight loss because of it, but it is a new and interesting challenge for him!
  • ExcelDave
    ExcelDave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just bought this after seeing him pitch on Shark Tank. Hoping this might be just the thing to bring back my injured back and knee, and still get a good workout. The dynamic resistance part, seems to bring the "bro-factor" to normal yoga, which I find "too relaxing" (even though I can't do some of the moves LOL"). Day 1 was today!
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that yoga changed my life. I needed to exercise differently so I started with DDP and think its great.