Haters Gunna Hate

Options
Hi,

FitnessPals

I hope everyone is sticking to theirs guns within your weight loss goals.

I am 22 Australian 5'7 and back in 2012 I weighed 89kgs not sure what that is in pounds.
Today I weigh in around 60kgs give or take a few lol.

I find it strange the criticism I had for losing my weight and it still goes on. I bought myself a cross trainer which I did 10kms every day and every time a family member would walk past make stupid comments like 'you know you're not going anywhere' 'you stink and sweating everywhere' 'make sure you shower'

Now I am pretty much at my goal weight. I get told 'you're to skinny' 'put weight on' 'you're body looks disgusting now'

my personal favourite

'you've gone from a fat pig to a little up yourself skinny slut'

All of this has come from my family members and I can't believe they would say such things when I wanted to benefit myself and gain confidence.

My results ruin their excuses.

Just hope you don't listen what haters say even if they are your family your health is you.

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Well done.

All I can say is that sharing DNA with someone doesn't necessarily mean a thing. People can be vile and show no altruism at all, so thank goodness for friends, one's chosen family.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry you are the target of their abuses. It's probably gone on your entire life. It's a shame family is like that but there are many jealous and verbally and emotionally abusive parents, siblings, etc. Keep up your good work and I strongly recommend that you find your own way in life and leave these people behind. The damage they have created is horrible. Take care of yourself.
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good for you sticking with it. Lucky for me my family has all been very supportive of me the entire time. I would have had a very difficult time sticking with it if I had to endure what you did!

My admiration, you have it!
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always find that prolonged direct eye contact while they talk to me keeps people from saying horrible things because it makes them too uncomfortable. Just long periods of direct eye contact. Straight face, no words, just stare at their eyeballs. They'll think you're crazy and no one wants to piss off a crazy person.
    C:
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I bet it is just jealousy. I have an older sister that has been heavy all her life. She has tormented me all of mine about being skinny accusing me of being anorexic (I'm far from that). Finally, recently, I did confront her instead of ignoring her because I was sick of it and told her -among other things- that she was jealous and she actually admitted she was. She has not bothered me since.

Kudos on your resolve to continue on your quest for health.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    Well done.

All I can say is that sharing DNA with someone doesn't necessarily mean a thing. People can be vile and show no altruism at all, so thank goodness for friends, one's chosen family.

Yes. I'm appalled that a family member would call you such disgusting things. I would let them know it is NEVER okay to call another human being (relation or not--in their presence or not) a "slut." That is abuse.