Secret to Weight Loss

Options
shaythep
shaythep Posts: 73 Member
So this is my first time posting here so I hope this works. I wanted to share my secret to losing weight. Here it is: eat less and workout more. This is it. This really worked out for me :-)

I was never overweight growing up. I was always fit however, I had HORRIBLE eating habits. I live in Chicago and on every corner there is a restaurant. Pizza puffs, Italian beefs, and Mild sauce were things I ate on the regular. Have you ever heard of Harold's Chicken Shack???? I got pregnant with my daughter back in 2007 and I gained at least 50 lbs. When I got pregnant I didnt change my eating habits. I ate Flammin' Hot chips with cheese, Kool aid jammers, Capri suns, and tons of hot pockets even though I was an adult. After having her I didnt lose all of the wight but I didnt really care. THEN I started seeing myself in pictures and I was disgusted/disgusting. The final straw was when I saw what I thought was an intruder in my house I screamed and then realized it was my shadow.....I screamed again.

I started researching everything! I counted calories and I worked out which I had not done since I was 18 (I'll be 30 in a few weeks.) I drink tons of water and I dont make excuses. I still eat cakes and pizza but its in moderation. I dont eat processed foods though. I eat vegetables and fruits now which I never did growing up.

Here is my progress:
30 lbs down

2mpztyr.jpg

xm37ye.jpg

339soic.jpg

6jk26d.jpg

Replies

• shaythep
    Options
    I have no clue how to make smaller
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats and the below statement was funny.
    The final straw was when I saw what I thought was an intruder in my house I screamed and then realized it was my shadow.....I screamed again.

• NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Great job! You already look wonderful but keep it up!!! And I loved the shadow story too. So funny!
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • MommaHutchins
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Lol - you are hilarious and you look great! Way it go on 30lbs and on a huge lifestyle change!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look great…and amazing hard work paid off. Thanks for sharing your story...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You look and ARE awesome! That's the way to do it! I was in exactly the same boat, didn't care about how I treated my body or even know how. After I had my son I realized what a jiggly mess I'd become, and turned it all around. :flowerforyou:
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress so far. You have done so well.Keep going.
    Congrats and the below statement was funny.
    The final straw was when I saw what I thought was an intruder in my house I screamed and then realized it was my shadow.....I screamed again.

Agreed, hilarious!!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Amazeballs! You look incredible, fit and happy!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    30 lbs made a big difference!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Great job and thank you for posting!! Seeing it works is such a great inspiration!! You look wonderful!
  • shaythep
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I see MFP fixed the sizing
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Nice post! Wish we had some Italian Beef places here in Dayton.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    be wary - this changes when you have less to lose. There comes a point when you need to start eating more so your body has enough fuel to not only get through your workouts, but to burn off excess and be able to supply your newly upgraded muscles.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You look so happy at your new fitness! Keep it going!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That Chicago food will get you every time. I am from the northwest side myself. I live in Florida now. so hard to lose weight when you live in the same city that sells the best food in the country.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and being happy with yourself again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!