Flax Milk

Options
My parents went from cow milk to soy milk for year and recently almond milk but a day ago I saw this nifty thing in their fridge. Flax milk. I thought, what the duece, this stuff has got to taste nasty. So I tried it. And to my surprise I think I prefer it to soy and almond milk. Granted it has no protein and only 1 gram of fiber but it's a tasty alternative to soy milk.

Has anyone else tried this? What do you think?

Replies

• ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Flax is great for you, but it's more beneficial to consume it in whole or milled seed form. I've never heard of it being pressed into milk, but I imagine that it loses much of its nutrients (certainly most of its fiber) in the process.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    This is the stuff I bought and my parents had.

http://www.flaxusa.com/products.php?page=flaxmilk

I've tried adding pure flax to my food but I find it has a slimy consistency. I used to put it in smoothies and yogurt and fruit and it just made it taste weird. I would like to incorporate more of it into my diet. I've heard of flavored flax oil too but not sure how I would like that.

This product has 1100mg in Omega 3's per glass and for the vanilla, can't stand plain anything, it has only 60 calories as compared to Almond milks' 90 calories.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I must find it!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Its available right now only at Walmart. It was under 3.00 too! I hope the popularity doesn't drive the price up because at this point its cheaper than both almond and soy milk.

It really tastes super delicious! I'm looking forward to using it in smoothies.