How Many Tablespoons of Lemon Juice

Options
How many tablespoons of lemon juice should I put into a 16oz cup of hot water.

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    However many you want
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    As many as taste good? Why are you doing it? It doesn't speed up metabolism if that's what you're trying to do.
  • jewlery922
    Options
    Thanks. I drink it because when I try to drink my daily intake of water, I start to feel sick at the stomach from drinking so much water. So I drink 4 8oz cups of water and 4 8oz cups of hot lemon water.
  • Lippylikes
    Options
    I like to put a quarter of a lemon in a pint of water. I squeeze in the juice and pop in whats left and sip slowly. Its delicious x
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You don't need to over-hydrate or drink a specific number of glasses of water every day. The old 8-glasses-a-day rule has been debunked. Instead, just make sure that you are getting enough water through whatever you drink to keep your urine straw-colored or light yellow. If your urine is bright or dark yellow, you are not fully hydrated. Water, of course, is an excellent thing to drink and if it sometimes prevents you from eating when you are really thirsty, that's good. But there's no science showing that 8-glasses of water enhances weight loss.
  • jewlery922
    Options
    Ok. Thank you very much.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If your urine is bright or dark yellow, you are not fully hydrated.
    Actually, bright yellow comes from B vitamins.
    But you're right about the desirability of "clear, straw-colored" urine. :smile:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Qft