Just found this 37 calorie brownies, wow ,

Options
smh1963
smh1963 Posts: 34 Member
37 CALORIE BROWNIES!!! NO JOKE!!!~~~

3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
1/4 cup skim milk or almond milk
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (like Quaker)
1/2 cup stevia
1 egg
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a square baking dish ( 8"x 8"). Combine all ingredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute). Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow
to cool before cutting into 9 large squares.

Replies

• smh1963
    smh1963 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    seems a lot of stevia, but will give it a go and let you know
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Do let us know how it turns out!!
  • matthewr7936
    matthewr7936 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    might have to give this ago
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think this recipe has been posted before and there was a lot of replies to the thread. Unfortunately the search function still sucks so I can't find the thread.

Edit: found it! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1343968/37-calorie-brownie/p1

Still got to try it.
  • LoadedM6Tina
    LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do I really have to google Stevia...what is that?
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's a sugar alternative...supposed to be better for you than splenda, equal, etc.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's a more natural sugar alternative than artificial sweeteners. I think it's gross, but a lot of people say that it's sweeter than sugar. Maybe that's why I think it's gross. Too sweet for my tastes.

That said, I can see why this recipe would require a lot of it. Cocoa powder, when not sweetened to death, is gross. lol I think most of us learn that the hard way as kids.
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds great! I entered the recipe into MFP Recipes. I entered egg beaters instead of the egg and sugar free almond milk instead of the skim milk. The calculations on MFP are a bit higher, but still very reasonable. Can't wait to try.
    1/9 of the recipe = 49 calories, 1.1 fat, .4 sat fat, 0 chol, 92 sodium, 139 potassium, 9 carbs, 2 fiber, 1.8 sugars and 5 protein.