HAVING TROUBLE! HELP!

Options
Hey everybody,
I feel like I've hit a plateau in my weightloss. Since before starting my fitness pal, I've lost a total of about 26 pounds. But now I feel like I'm stuck. Although I've worked out and ate well, and I've lost inches, my weight hasn't really moved significantly for about the past 2-3 months! I'm not yet at my goal, and I'm losing the drive to keep going! Any helpful or encouraging thoughts or ideas? I need help!!!
Thanks pals :)

Replies

• funinthesun05
    Options
    Inches are what really matter when it comes to looking good. Feeling good comes from the scale. Have you tried interval training? You could also vary your routine or try cutting a different food out of your diet or adding a new fruit or vegetable. My advice would be to keep changing it up and pushing through it until you start dropping more pounds. In the meantime, be glad you have lost inches! It is true that the number on the scale is not everything when it comes to being healthy. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you are doing strength training, it could be muscle.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing. Usually is you've lost inches but not weight it's because you're gaining muscle which is exactly what you want to do. Muscle burns fat and you will eventually slow down gaining muscle and the scale will start to move.

My trainer told us a story that when he married his wife she weighed 99 lbs and was a size 6. Now she weighs 115 lbs and is a size 0. How does that sound to you? She is lean and very sexy...and girly. Add me as a friend if you'd like some help with diet and exercise but what ever you do DON"T STOP.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Have been changing up your workout routines? You have to or else your body adapts. You may also want to review what you are eating. I would go back and see if there is a big difference in what you were eating when you were losing versus now. You may also want to make sure your stats are all updated so that you are eating the right amount of calories.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    With regard to losing your drive. Have you made alot of dramatic changes in your lifestyle to initially lose the weight? Achieving a specific weight / fitness level is different than actually maintaining it. Take a look at some of the changes you've made and consider easing up a little bit if you feel like your about to totally spin out of control and lose it. The changes we make should be sustainable for long periods. You could always reduce your exercise frequency if you're working out 5 days per week. Slightly decrease calories or just aim for a maintenance level for a few weeks before making another attempt at another loss.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    If one follows the same routine for a long time, the body adapts to it and hence one doesn't see significant changes. Its time for change now. Change your workout. Try different food still maintaining the calorie count. You are already seeking motivation, so that's good.
  • frekles12
    Options
    Hmmm... I'm no professional but the stuff i have seen posted in regards to this question and friends I have had with this problem have done this; Up you calorie intake ( I know it sounds scary) and try more low fat foods high in protein. Try not to do so much cardio but some calisthenics.

Hope this helps
  • DMthree
    DMthree Posts: 2
    Options
    Check two things first: water and sleep. Then look at your workouts...have they stayed the same? Try to shake things up by switching some of your workouts to something new. Your body may have adapted. Try a different class at your club or add in some weights or change your cardio around with some interval training. Usually I try to have a different exercise routine every 12 weeks after I've seen improvement in something.

Also, remember the number on the scale is not your size or your health! It is a number on the scale!