Extreme Couponing

Options
nkswans
nkswans Posts: 469 Member
Does anyone else watch Extreme Couponing on TLC? It is on Wednesday nights. What do you think of it? I get so annoyed watching it but keep coming back! I am actually watching it right now. haha

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am DVRing it right now! LOL I get so pissed at these people b/c I think of all the hungry children they could feed....yet i can't get away from it! I love coupons and use like $75 worth a week this show can give you ideas on where to get them at
  • karina85g
    karina85g Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I watch it too! Haha I have to confess that I started clipping coupons!!! I only save like $7 whit my coupons lmao, my stores do not double coupons blah! Now every time I go shopping with my husband he asks if i have coupons lol he loooves saving money, even if its only seven bucks!!
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Watching now! I don't have the patience or time for that, but I can totally appreciate what they are doing to save a buck. I only have room in my life for one obsession and nothing is taking the place of my MFP right now! :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never watched it but love to use my coupons. My sister in law is great with them and gets all kinds of free stuff and she plans to use alot of the stuff she gets free that she wont use to give away to others that either will use it or need it.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I've never watched it but do these people actually use the stuff that they buy... do they realize that food, even non-pershiables go bad?? What a waste!
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    whoa!!! this chick is dumpster diving for coupons... now that is taking it too far!!!
  • shantisyndrome
    shantisyndrome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I should start watching! I'm so cheap, it's badd. Haha. I was inspired by this woman in front of me in Shoprite whose total was close to 80 bucks. But with all those coupons she had, she only paid 20. I was in awe!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use coupons occassionally as well and I do give these people props for how meticulous they are with it. It is amazing to watch the dedication to do it! But seriously 1,000 tubes of toothpaste....4,000 diapers with no kids?! So unnecessary. These people definitely have hoarding and OCD tendencies but it is fun to watch. Can you imagine being the cashier for them?! haha
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    they piss me off. Who needs 40 YEARS worth of TP!??!??!?!? Donate most of those stocks!

We coupon. And shop at 6 different stores but hubby is laid off and we have 3 little mouths to feed! Last week our total was $353 before coupons and store sales, and we spent $247!! Was VERY proud!
  • dante402
    dante402 Posts: 6
    Options
    My wife watches it and I've seen a few episodes. I get it if you have a large family and you will actually use and eat the products you buy but I don't get it when they buy things they won't need for a very long time.

My thinking is that they could donate a lot of that to food banks (and I guess some of them do) or just open your own store in your garage and turn a profit.

I also think there's a fine line between extreme couponing and hoarding. Maybe they could do a cross over epsiode with that hoarders show.
  • karina85g
    karina85g Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use coupons occassionally as well and I do give these people props for how meticulous they are with it. It is amazing to watch the dedication to do it! But seriously 1,000 tubes of toothpaste....4,000 diapers with no kids?! So unnecessary. These people definitely have hoarding and OCD tendencies but it is fun to watch. Can you imagine being the cashier for them?! haha

OMG! If I was the cashier I would kill myself hahahaha nahh I would just pretend I'm sick cough* cough* lol
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted :D I've only seen one gal who donates at least half--I'd like to see more of those folks! I got my first free item a few weeks ago from coupons (just a toothbrush), but it was a pretty great feeling... also addictive!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    my sister started doing it and the store pays her for most of the time to take the stuff, she's well organised. She spends an hour a day searching the web and emailing companies etc... she's healthy and in her ideal weight! !
    It's insane, but it really works, when I need things my sister gets it for me for free most of the time or for pennies...
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I am DVRing it right now! LOL I get so pissed at these people b/c I think of all the hungry children they could feed....yet i can't get away from it! I love coupons and use like $75 worth a week this show can give you ideas on where to get them at
    a lot of them donate part of it to their food banks and one guy made kits and sent them to the troops
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    whoa!!! this chick is dumpster diving for coupons... now that is taking it too far!!!
    its found money
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've watched it too... It's interesting how they spend hours and hours each week seeking, cutting, sorting, preparing... Just to save money to buy 20 years worth of deodorant that will surely expire before they get to it... and they pay rent on a three bedroom apartment, one bedroom just to house the items they'll use between five and ten years from now, and they live in the spaces between their apartment shelving full of tomato sauce cans, soup, fruit loops, dish soap, the 200 toothbrushes and bottles of laundry detergent. They pay $700 extra for a moving truck just to move the expired items to their new home that thankfully has more room... so they will be able to store more products.
  • indigoeyes
    indigoeyes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like this show but all the stockpiles of processed food and cartloads of soda are gross (IMO). I would love to have 10 years worth of razors and TP though. No expiry date and they only increase in price over time so why not stockpile them?