Tomato & Basil Bruschetta w/ PHOTO only 0.5 WW Point!

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
Thank you to imagymrat, this is her recipe and I take no credit for it. She posted this recipe last Thursday and I got a chance to make it for friends on Saturday. I wanted to re-post this in a forum of its own b/c it deserves to shine and not disappear into a “low cal appetizer?” thread. This recipe is all hers ( just removed brushed oil on the bread) so thank you - the photo is all me, lol!

Tomato and Basil Bruschetta

1 baguette/French stick
2 cups fresh, chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped very fine
½ tsp salt
30 g light mozzarella (I used marble)

Directions: cut the bread into 1/2" thin slices. Toast slices under broil for approximately one minute then spoon about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each slice. Top each with a pinch of shaved mozzarella. Broil for another 30 seconds. Watch the bruschetta carefully during this time to make sure it does not burn. Serves 32

Points 0.5 (35 calories, 0.3g fat, 0.6g fiber)

Bruscetta.jpg

Replies

• cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    As do these! :)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thank you to imagymrat, this is her recipe and I take no credit for it. She posted this recipe last Thursday and I got a chance to make it for friends on Saturday. I wanted to re-post this in a forum of its own b/c it deserves to shine and not disappear into a “low cal appetizer?” thread. This recipe is all hers ( just removed brushed oil on the bread) so thank you - the photo is all me, lol!

Tomato and Basil Bruschetta

1 baguette/French stick
    2 cups fresh, chopped tomatoes
    1 tbsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh)
    4 cloves of garlic, chopped very fine
    ½ tsp salt
    30 g light mozzarella (I used marble)

Directions: cut the bread into 1/2" thin slices. Toast slices under broil for approximately one minute then spoon about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each slice. Top each with a pinch of shaved mozzarella. Broil for another 30 seconds. Watch the bruschetta carefully during this time to make sure it does not burn. Serves 32

Points 0.5 (35 calories, 0.3g fat, 0.6g fiber)

Bruscetta.jpg

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    here is a small change with big taste difference........use thin sliced fontina cheese.........OMG my mouth is watering. Can anyone guess what I am making for dinner tomorrow!!>??:love:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    here is a small change with big taste difference........use thin sliced fontina cheese.........OMG my mouth is watering. Can anyone guess what I am making for dinner tomorrow!!>??:love:

That sounds like a great idea and I'm sure many people will definately try it, thank you!

I'm actually a cheese-hater myself. I know, apparently I'm weird ;) The rest of the world loves cheese except myself and Mike.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Those look so good...
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i going to do these as my starter for my boyfriends birthday meal :D cant wait to try them!
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yum! As soon as my tomatoes start coming out of the garden I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing! Looks delicious!
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Yum!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm :love:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    hey hun i was just wondering is it 35 calories per slice?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options