90 Days on MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You da man Jimmy!! I love seeing your awesome transformation. It's great you post this for others to see and learn from. Love having you on my FL.
  • JasmineSoper
    JasmineSoper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So the question is: How was your activity level when you were young, say up until high school or so? This is pretty amazing transformation, and yet, I notice that most that do that usually played or lifted in high school, and were pretty active (if they went to college they were active in college). I've been non-athletic all my life. Was a bit asthmatic and so always got by with the minimum I could get away with in high school PE.
  • LauraDerp
    LauraDerp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely killing it, Jim! One of the best friends I have (which is saying something because all of my friends are wonderful :smile: )
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow Fantastic job!
  • BasicBling
    BasicBling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jim you're inspiring! and always have something positive to say!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love your attitude and total life change. What an accomplishment.
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I still can't believe it! 90 days!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Uhfgood wrote: »
    So the question is: How was your activity level when you were young, say up until high school or so? This is pretty amazing transformation, and yet, I notice that most that do that usually played or lifted in high school, and were pretty active (if they went to college they were active in college). I've been non-athletic all my life. Was a bit asthmatic and so always got by with the minimum I could get away with in high school PE.

Although I wasn't very physically active until after high school, my past does include being a professional dancer, scuba diving instructor, and a certified personal trainer. So yes, you could say that I have been physically active in my past.

I think what you're getting at is that those with a solid foundation of muscle from prior athletics/manual labor backgrounds underneath the fat tend to have the most rapid transformations. I would absolutely agree with you: that higher muscle base does allow for more intense exercise even at higher body weights and also burns a higher number of calories pound for pound than those without it.

I too was a "get by with the minimum" guy throughout high school until I made the conscious choice after graduation to change that. The great thing is that, if you haven't built that foundation at some point in the past, now is the chance to do that. Others might have a headstart, but with hard work and determination you can cross the finish line of your own personal race too. There are no extra rewards for doing it in the shortest period of time: but there are plenty for doing it to the best of your ability.

Best of luck with everything :)
  • Nikki_Yaz
    Nikki_Yaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jim,

You are quite possible one of my favorite people to read up on and follow. Definitely motivating and inspiring on many levels. You've done such great work and your progress shows amazing work. It's nice to hear you're changing things up.

Definitely hard working but still kind and motivating to others around while still keeping on track with your own determination and progress! I'm proud to call you friend here! Great work. I'm excited to see more/ read more of your results in the long run and thank you again for your amazing support toward mine!!

Stay Awesome!

- Nik
  • sunshinecicadas
    sunshinecicadas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you so much for sharing your routine & how you went through it - I'm sure that will help so many people. Congrats on your success and enjoy those holidays! :)
  • louwho34
    louwho34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your transformation in 90 days is awesome! Keep up the great work and thanks for being so helpful!
  • desjham
    desjham Posts: 18
    Options
    Congrats Jim! Its been great seeing your journey for the past couple months. You and your family must be very proud! :)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!