Mayo replacement

Options
chopperdaddy
chopperdaddy Posts: 8 Member
I've been replacing hummus for mayo as a dressing for tuna fish. Roasted garlic is good and jalapeno hummus and roasted red pepper hummus make great tasting tuna salad with huge fat reduction. Good stuff.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Make-Tuna-Salad-Hummus-Instead-Mayo-4170023?fullsite=1

Replies

• meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting - I have been spreading light laughing cow cheese on my sandwiches in place of mayo. I actually like it better!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese, more delicious proteins.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I use Miracle Whip calorie-wise. One tablespoon is only 30 calories. I probably use half of that if I make a sandwich. ;)
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt in my tuna salad to save calories and up the protein. I may have to try the hummus though with tuna or possibly with chicken.

I have used the laughing cow cheeses on sandwiches instead of mayo and like it better too!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I mostly use greek yogurt, cottage cheese and laughing cow cheese as mayo substitutes. I made an awesome "fauxtato" and egg salad with cauliflower, greek yogurt, turkey bacon, mustard, paprika , celery and pickle. I eyeballed the ingredients though, next time I need to measure everything out so I can put it in My Recipes on here >_<
  • Ale81CL
    Options
    I use Kraft fat free mayo :wink: it ain't have bad tbh
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on the MFP that uses mashed avocado for mayo in tuna salad:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/06/avocado-tuna-salad/

I haven't tried it. I use "Lite" mayo (low fat and low calorie) or canola mayo (my preferred, really).
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    My mom loves "follow your heart's vegenaise".. she says it's exactly like mayo but better for ya.
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also use laughing cow, cottage cheese, avocado and greek yoghurt..! though greek yoghurt tends to be the most mayo-like and I spice it up with smoked paprika and cayenne pepper! I've never tried using hummus though it sounds lovely!!
  • BCinDenver
    BCinDenver Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nature's Mayonnaise: Avocado!

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Dropped mayo entirely and developed different tastes. DW hardly used mayo growing up, mustard was the main condiment. It is just a different approach to replacing mayonnaise.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I loathe mayonaisse. No replacement necessary. Mustard is good though.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I loathe mayonaisse. No replacement necessary. Mustard is good though.

This. The only condiment I can stomach.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hellmann's® - Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressing - Rich, creamy and delicious. Only 15 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving.

I also use it with Heinz® Reduced Sugar Ketchup (Only 5 calories) sometimes; when you mix the two it gives you a great tasting sandwich / lite wrap dressing.

73641431.png[/url