My Progress...360 to 250 not done yet! w/ pics

Options
jcb1179
jcb1179 Posts: 16 Member
It took me a long time to convince myself to take the needed steps to improve the quality of my life. Many, MANY years of denial.

I feel so much better than I ever thought I would. I started running...went from no running at all in July of this year to now being able to run 8 miles nonstop averaging about 10 minutes/mile. Never would I have ever believed you if you would have told me I was capable of doing something like this...especially in such a short period of time.

There is no magic pill, or drink or anything. It is all about will power, hard work and the drive to want to make changes in your life.

I'm not one to put myself out there like this, but my hope is that someone will read this and think to themselves that they can do it too... Afterall, I know when I started I was on the "success stories" forum looking at what other people in my situation did.

Replies

• cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    awesome!! thanks for sharing
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing progress. Keep it up!! :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the work! :)
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Amazing progress!! :D
  • snorkjuice
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing!!! you look wonderful! 10 min mile is awesome! is there a particular plan or app you use? i started jogging at 2mp and finally worked my way up to a 20 min mile, hoping to get to a 15 min mile by the end of the year.
  • jcb1179
    Options
    snorkjuice wrote: »
    thank you so much for sharing!!! you look wonderful! 10 min mile is awesome! is there a particular plan or app you use? i started jogging at 2mp and finally worked my way up to a 20 min mile, hoping to get to a 15 min mile by the end of the year.

Thank you for the reply. I started with the C25K app by Zen labs then went on to their C210K app and completed that. I am now working on following the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training plan.
  • MatthewMacG101
    Options
    How long did 110 pound loss take you? Fantastic work, only been working at it 10 days but stories like these from guys aren't that regular, so its nice to see one!
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! How do you feel?
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! Looking good!
  • jcb1179
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I can not understate that.

Matthew, It has come off pretty quick to be honest with you. It has been about 7 1/2 months so far. I set goals for myself as I went. First it was 75 pounds by my anniversary(July 31) now it is another 50(125 total) by Christmas. I have been totally focused on dropping weight and increasing fitness. My plan, once I hit my goal is to start into toning and gaining muscle...
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation so far, well done sir.
  • MatthewMacG101
    Options
    Brilliant, Thanks - That is really quick! Did you have to drop your calorie intake really low to lose it that quickly? or did you stick with BMR/MFP recommendations?
  • jcb1179
    Options
    Brilliant, Thanks - That is really quick! Did you have to drop your calorie intake really low to lose it that quickly? or did you stick with BMR/MFP recommendations?

Matthew, I know this goes against what a lot of people say but I went with dropping my calorie intake down quite a bit. It has worked great for me. The main thing is finding what works for you and going with it.

• Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome job... you look great & being able to run 8 miles is amazing!! :)
  • MatthewMacG101
    Options
    Thanks :) - My recommended intake is 2000, but I always seem to hover around 1500. The weight is coming off and I'm never hungry, so I really can't complain!
  • liz1531
    liz1531 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your continued success! One of my bucket list items is to run a marathon. I've done Ck5K a few times in the past and loved it, and just started it again yesterday – I was thrilled to see how much my numbers have improved since my first time, probably because of a fairly regular fitness regimen since May. I was going to wait to try running again until the spring, but I couldn't resist seeing what I could after a 50 pound loss recently. :) You are a great inspiration!
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wow dude. i am gobsmacked at your willpower and progress. absolutely inspirational!! thanks for sharing & i wish you all the best!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wonderful progress. (*)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!