First 50 lbs.

Options
DualCitizen54
DualCitizen54 Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
I thought I'd briefly celebrate a significant milestone for me. In January, I tipped the scales at 354 lbs., with BGC of 17 (306 for you Americans). Alarm bells were going off, and it was not looking good for me. I got off to a slow start, losing 10 lbs. by May. I kept increasing my exercise through the summer, including walking golf, and I increased my focus on using MFP to track the quantity and quality of my food.

Now, I am in a very steady, consistent flow, eating 1400-1500 calories per day. I've increased my step rate from about 3000/day to 12500/day (thanks, Fitbit!), and most important, my 30 day average BGC has now dropped to about 8.2 (14.3), and in the last week I've had readings very close to 6.0 (108).

So I thought it was time to go public and celebrate the first 50 lbs., which is a little more than a third of what I'm trying to lose.

Happy Thanksgiving, from Canada!

Replies

• Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely paying off!!! Congrats on your many successes ~ and Happy Thanksgiving from your "southern" (Michigan) neighbor!! :)
  • DualCitizen54
    Options
    LOL, thanks. I'm American, living here for 16 years...but I formerly lived in SW Michigan!
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I live in "The Thumb" area.... I've been to Canada ~ the Ontario & Montreal areas... beautiful place!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50 pounds and on finding a plan that works for you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! 50 pounds is such a milestone. Excellent! <3
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC news!! High five! (and happy Thanksgiving)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50lb milestone. Very inspirational.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success - Keep on climbing that mountain ..you WILL achieve your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!