Questions about veggies

Options
So i am wondering does it mather what kinda veggies you eat? I hate spending time cooking veggies. I usyally eat raw brokolies etc. But i am wondering

Is it okay to just eat tomatoes, paprika oninons, etc etc? Instead of eating stuff like carrots, brokoli. I find carrots and brokoli really annoying to eat and prepare. Tomatos and such are so tasty and just mix alot of diffrent stuff?

You get the same neutrisious stuff from that as in brikoli?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Yes it's fine to eat the veg you like...... variety will cover a fuller spectrum of micronutrients.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You might want to use a spelling tool; it’s kind of hard to read when half of your words are misspelled. I’m not sure what your question is, you can eat whatever you want. Don’t like broccoli then don’t eat it. There is no single food on the planet that has a special nutrient other foods lack.
  • lori_oz
    lori_oz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat a variety of fruit and vegetables both raw and cooked. You can just steam them in the microwave or stirfry from frozen which is just as good and ready cut so no fuss.

Tomatoes are great (especially cooked e.g. pasta sauce). but not exclusively.

Try get a good amount of leafy and solid greens in to the mix. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts) a couple of times a week. Beans a couple of times a week too.