I'm new, but old...a return if you will

Options
I've made excuses for years now as I've put on weight. I've made my bed...but I choose to not lie in it. This is the biggest I've ever been and I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable in public. I will lose my weight, one small step at a time....I'd love to hear some feedback from some of you all...long time goal is 100 pounds...but i'm gonna do it ten pounds at a time. Anyone find success with that much weight? oh yeah, I quit smoking 5 years ago....thats when I started gaining weight. Never did find a new outlet.....Any advice would be awesome!
thanks!

Replies

• thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You sound super motivated and great job quitting smoking! Maybe cooking or exercising can be your new outlet. It became mine for my anxiety and so far so good.

100lbs is going to be amazing! There are some other posts about people wanting to lose or have lost that much if you would like to search for them and get some tips or find some people to motivate you. My one piece of advice is to take photos of yourself to track your progress :smiley:
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have about 120 lbs. to lose, so we could do this together! :) Congrats on quitting smoking!! Yes, you definitely have to find a replacement habit for that... I LOVE (and have been addicted to) food for most of my life, and when I want to eat I go out and take nature pictures instead :) So far, so good!

Nice to meet you!