Need advice on Green Tea dietary supplement

Options
I am NOT a fitness/health food guru. Several months ago (before MFP) I purchased a couple of boxes of "Mega-T" Green Tea dietary supplement pills. I did not see any success with the pills then, but I was not eating right or exercising at that time, either.

Does anyone know about, or have any opinions on this? I don't want to put anything in my body that would be counter-productive to what I'm trying to accomplish here. This one claims to be "drug-free" and the back of the box says it "contains EGCG, a natural anioxidant, along with other herbal extracts to help curb your appetite, help stimulate your metabolism, and help burn fat."

Is it a hoax or is it a good thing because it's natural?

Thank you for your responses!!! (BTW, I LOVE MFP!!)

Replies

• Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Sounds like a supplement I took a while back. All in all it will give more energy, but be careful as you may get jittery.
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    To get all of the benefits of green tea, I drink a cup of green tea every morning^^

The pills have added caffeine and are of low quality tea leaves. I'd try to stick with the real thing if you could. Green tea naturally has little caffeine and does contain catechins, which are reported to boost metabolism by 4-8% (I'm a firm believer).

It definitely does _assist_ with burning fat. A healthy diet and exercise is the most important part. To help stimulate your metabolism, you should eat small meals every 2-3 hours.

Hope I was of some help. Best of luck to you!