sugar cravings and hormones (women)

Options
so its that time of the month and I have eaten so many sweets (for me) and I will finish under today but wondering if any of you have fab alternatives to sweet, chocolate and cake?

Replies

• Sebismom
    Sebismom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, alternatives will only leave you craving the real stuff. I buy very good, usually very expensive bittersweet or very dark chocolate. On craving days I may eat four squares of a twelve square 3 oz bar, but that is highly unusual. Usually I'll only have one square per day. Alternately, hot chocolate made with a very good unsweetened cacao (not cocoa) powder, with hot water and just enough sugar to lightly counter the bitterness. A touch of milk adds creaminess. You have to froth the liquid, like the Aztecs did. A friend of mine lost 20 lbs by only eating the good stuff. She quit all junk, and once a day went to the fancy boutique chocolatier to buy a truffle. It was a ritual. Find your ritual, and even on craving days you might not be tempted by low end sweets.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    so its that time of the month and I have eaten so many sweets (for me) and I will finish under today but wondering if any of you have fab alternatives to sweet, chocolate and cake?

Dark chocolate is a godsend; fixes a chocolate craving, but is bitter enough that you don't want to demolish an entire bar.

I also have an obsession with grapes right now. Pretty sure I'm going to clear out the grocery store this week if I keep up my pace of eating them. My roommate also likes to throw them in the freezer to harden them up. I always like to grab a handful when I'm craving something sweet, or if I want to start off my day on a sweet note.

I also make banana "nice" cream. Freeze up one to two bananas, and pulse in a food processor. Add vanilla to your personal taste, cocoa powder, fresh raspberries..anything you want! I like to top mine with two tablespoons of peanut butter melted with one tablespoon of milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips. It makes a chocolate shell that freezes just like the one you get in the bottle.

Hope this helps!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't use alternatives, I make room in my allotment for my chocolatey treat(s).
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options

I eat prunes..lol..helps everytime..no joke. <3