Starting the long journey

Options
My name is Chris, I weigh 557 pounds and I am miserable. I have finally made a decision to live and not be burdened with this daily struggle of just trying to get out of bed and get to work. I cant walk more than 20 feet with out getting so winded I think i'm going to die, and there are time that I wish I had. I'm only 47 and I want to do some things ya'know, like go to an NFL football game (and fit in the seat), go on a cruise or see the Grand Canyon.

Replies

• Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris!! You will LOVE MFP... there are so many helpful & supportive people on here! Take things a day at a time and be patient with yourself and the process :) Nice to meet you :)
  • Right_to_Live
    Options
    Wow Thank you very much, I am very happy to have finally made a choice, and this time I will make it.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just make that commitment. You can find help, support, and motivation through friends here. Really! Feel free to add me. I'm a good cheerleader: )
  • JavaBear800
    JavaBear800 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Chris! I just started MFP. Well, I was on it before, but not really doing it right. I just started again two days ago. I think we've both come to the right place to get to where we can improve our lives greatly. I look forward to working along side of you, day by day. You can do it!
  • AlanaTedmon
    AlanaTedmon Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Chris. I think this will end up being a helpful resource for breaking bad old habits and furnish a fresh new start for yourself! Doing MFP is fun and it makes you feel instigated to be more active and eat healthy sensible foods.

Good luck! I hope this ends up being life changing for you.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris. Feel free to add me -- :)