Grad Student, Losing About 25lbs

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Sarah, and I'm a 28yr old MSc student. Over the past few years I have been watching my weight creep up from 130, to over 153. I need to get this under control, and start living more intentionally, to keep the problem from getting any worse. I'm excited to share this experience with others in the same boat, and to get excited about working out and being healthy again :D

Replies

• gkim210
    gkim210 Posts: 22
    Options
    Right there with you! As I posted on another thread that a university student started about maintaining a healthy lifestyle during school, I agree...I'm a first year Masters Student and it's definitely a struggle trying to balance everything and trying to find time to exercise in the midst of all the course loads, research, and working. My biggest difference in weight loss so far is due to the fact that I prep my meals every single day and meal plan so I can maintain portion control and make sure I'm not eating more cals than I absolutely need. Also, going from driving everywhere to now walking/taking the train everywhere in a new city has definitely made one of the biggest differences so far in my 19 lb weight loss streak. Keep it up! You can do it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Thats really good gKim that youve made two sensible and straigtforward steps that you can sustain. No wonder you are losing. Walking is a great filler exercise that you do without noticing much.

Not sure I get excited about the gym, but I do like the feeling of leaving after ive done a workout. OP you sound as though you know exactly what to do, so 4 months isnt really that long to get much closer to target.
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Basically the same thing has happened to me - I've watched my weight increase slowly over the past few years, and I also know how hard it can be to maintain a healthy lifestyle while in school. Feel free to add me. Junior in college here.