I'm Tina

Options
Hi my name is Tina. My dietition told me about this web site. I'm hoping it helps me to get my weight under control. I just turned 50 and realized if I don't do something I not going to get to see my younger kids grow up. I have got to get myself together.

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Tina ... you will find that the daily food log is what helps you the most ... although the people on here can be very helpful also ... or sometimes they will scold you.

The food database takes a bit of getting used to being used, but it does help you to see how many calories you are eating in a much easier fashion than looking it up in a book and writing it down on paper.

Just be patient and give youself some time to get used to using it. I have logged my food for a couple of years now and notice that I go completely off my plan when I skip logging.

I've also learned how to better judge my portions so that when I verify the weights on a scale it comes up extremely close to what I think it is.

Good luck. We are all trying to get ourselves together. I will turn 70 in a couple of months.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina. This is a great site. I'm here everyday. Calorie deficit really works. Good luck and add me as a friend if you like! :)
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina! Best of luck! Feel free to add me as a friend, I log on everyday. :)
  • Vanoii
    Vanoii Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome Tina. I'm new too, people said this is a great website. Feel free to add me :)