Stalled Weight Loss

Options
I have been successful using the 1200 calorie diet...however in the last two weeks I have not lost a pound but continue to eat the 1200 calories. After one week of plateau I added 45 minutes of walking every other day, but again no weight loss. What have you found to assist in breaking the plateau?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is too short to be a plateau, and weight loss is not linear.

What are your stats? How do you figure out you're eating 1200 calories? There's more info we need to work with in order to help you out.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your inches? You may be staying the same weight, but losing inches as you gain muscle and lose fat.
  • CAprilRyan
    Options
    I just began the weight loss 6 weeks ago. Beginning with the 1200 plan here. I have been diligent and run from 8 - 12 glasses of water a day. I am 5'9" 54 years old, post menopause, and weighed in at a lifetime high of 192. I had poor eating habits (usually not enough food) and little to no water, only coffee with lots of cream. I started this last week walking at a 12 incline for 45 minutes every other day, maintaining a weight loss heart rate but no change in weight loss. I have lost inches, but nothing since the weight loss stopped two weeks ago,
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    catb58 wrote: »
    Are you measuring your inches? You may be staying the same weight, but losing inches as you gain muscle and lose fat.
    You do not gain muscle in a deficit-(rare exception newbie gains IN weight lifting) she started walking.

OP you're losing inches, (much better than pounds) problem solved!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Are you counting the creamer calories in your coffee?

Otherwise, how long have you been dieting? Perhaps, switch the maintenance for a week or two and then try again. I don't have any research to back that up, but it can't hurt to give yourself and your body a little break.
  • binger4life
    binger4life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do and egg and grapefruit day. 4hard boiled eggs spaced out through out the day along with half a grapefruit every time you ingest an egg. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of plain water. No caffeine. Go to bed early to get 8 to 12 hours of sleep. Dont forget to exercise. However if you are diabetic forget everything i just said. probable loss will be two pounds. Dont do this more than 1 day. Good luck.
  • jp0202
    jp0202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Do and egg and grapefruit day. 4hard boiled eggs spaced out through out the day along with half a grapefruit every time you ingest an egg. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of plain water. No caffeine. Go to bed early to get 8 to 12 hours of sleep. Dont forget to exercise. However if you are diabetic forget everything i just said. probable loss will be two pounds. Dont do this more than 1 day. Good luck.

No. Don't do that ^^^

That's just dumb, unnecessary and dangerous.

Agree with that..
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    i don't think you're eating enough… did you set your mfp to losing one pound a week? Don't put it on two pounds..that will put you at 1200. Adjust that setting and keep exercising..you're 5 9" and should be eating more than 1200.
  • CAprilRyan
    Options
    i don't think you're eating enough… did you set your mfp to losing one pound a week? Don't put it on two pounds..that will put you at 1200. Adjust that setting and keep exercising..you're 5 9" and should be eating more than 1200.

I am set to 1.3 pounds per week, not 2 pounds per week....but it was working before....
  • CAprilRyan
    Options
    Don't just measure your success by the number on the scale. Make sure you're taking body measurements and keeping track of your measurements every couple weeks. You may be surprised by the results. :)

Also, check out www.yournfm.com for fitness motivation. There's a fitness gallery (because who doesn't love looking at hot, fit people), useful information and there's even a free report that reveals the #1 reason why you're not losing weight and how to get permanent lasting change starting today! Go check it out, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

Thanks....I have not focused enough on the measurement change, but they have not changed in the two weeks I haven't lost weight either.
  • CAprilRyan
    Options
    cleback wrote: »
    Are you counting the creamer calories in your coffee?

Otherwise, how long have you been dieting? Perhaps, switch the maintenance for a week or two and then try again. I don't have any research to back that up, but it can't hurt to give yourself and your body a little break.

I am counting the creamer in my coffee, but don't have much that I am counting calories. It was the core of my calories prior however.

I think it makes sense to go to maintenance for a week as a reset and a friend of mine says to have a cheat day....eat whatever you want....to reset your metabolism.

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    CAprilRyan wrote: »

I am set to 1.3 pounds per week, not 2 pounds per week....but it was working before....

The things that worked in the beginning don't always continue to work as calories adjust and your body needs less and less as you lose weight. That being said, Log everything as accurately as possible and that includes weighing solid foods. Take pictures, do measurements, and ignore the scale. Also, maybe focus on larger intervals. 1-2 weeks is not enough time to see change. A month would be better. It's about the pattern as a whole, it won't be a perfect loss every week.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    how tall are you, and are you accurately weighing your food and choosing database entries you've checked for accuracy?