snakes and snails are after me....

Options
Hi folks My name is Rick and I am about to start Atkins (again) because I am 290lb :( which would be OK if i was in my 20's and playing in the NFL :) but I am neither :(

I recently did a test which involved me wrapping my thumb and index finger around my wrist to determine my frame, i cam palm a basketball so my hands are fairly large, the results of this little test said I have a large frame. but it also said i should be between 190-205<<< thats how big I was when I was 17.

My goal right now is 225lb :) any advice would be welcomed.

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Toss the Atkins. Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. No elimination of food groups while bulking up on others, they never work for long term weight loss success. Its all about portion control.

Eat less--move more.
  • RicBfat
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Toss the Atkins. Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. No elimination of food groups while bulking up on others, they never work for long term weight loss success. Its all about portion control.

Eat less--move more.

that is pretty much what jack lalanne said :) the only reason i am doing Atkins it to get rid of the weight as fast as i can due to problems with my left knee (I walk a lot in my job) after that i will transition to a low calorie healthy diet.