Anybody else losing for wedding?

Options
Hi,

Fairly new here and could do with some weight loss buddies!

I am getting married on the 16th July 2011 and am trying to lose for the big day....like most brides!!

Just wondered if any other girlies on here are also doing the same thing and fancied some mutual support!?

Feathers x

Replies

• traceytoo
    Options
    congratulations .. I am :bigsmile:

Getting married in August in Turkey and want to lose a stone in 3 months, as that's when I'll be giving out measurements for my dress and stuff .... if you need a wedding buddy, add me :flowerforyou:

Txx
  • Pombear
    Pombear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi yes i am losing for my big day ... 23rd June 2012 but I also wanted to have a healthy lifestyle and keep the weight off.

I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and a aqua aerobic class monday evenings but have recently started doing Zumba classes. It really works you core tummy area but it is fun at the same time. I really recommend that.

Add me as a friend! and good luck with losing weight for the dress and planning your big day.

Pombear x
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am getting married too!!! on 16th August 2012! put our deposit down onthe venue this weekend. woo hoo!
    there is a great group on here called Brides on a Mission........ i think we're on week 5 or 6. Have a look! x
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Hi ladies! For those of you in the UK there are a heap of brides to be on here from the You and Your Wedding forum- hopefully see you there at some point? We also have a thread called 'YAYW- Smoking Hot Brides to be'. I get married September 3 x
  • cbundrick08
    Options
    Hello! I'm getting married on October 29, 2011. I used to work for a large retailer and was on my feet all of the time so I lost 20 pounds---now I'm sitting at a desk and need motivation to continue to lose weight and keep the weight I lost off. My fiance is naturally skinny so I need some support from you all! :)
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing for my wedding, but I'll be in the bridal party! My best friend is getting married in September and I want to be a cute bridesmaid rather than a chunky one.

One of my motivators is my engaged friend; in preparation for the wedding she has lost about 30 lbs and kept it off. I'm cheering from the sidelines for all you brides, and just remember: you never know who you'll inspire with your successes!
  • lozzles_30
    lozzles_30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am getting married in June 2012 and want to lose weight before the big day!! I've been battling with my weight for years so I'm hoping this is the inspiration I need to do it for good this time! x
  • claire1baxter
    Options
    Hello :-)

I'm getting married next year 8th April 2012 - can't wait - but I would like to look better and slimmer and more toned... but most of all I want to start married life healthy and full of life! :-)

Claire :-)
  • vashley84
    vashley84 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi!
    I am the maid of honour for my best friend who is also getting married on July 16th! My main goal is to lose weight and tone up for that day because last summer my brother got married (I was also in the wedding party on the bride's side), and I was super unhappy with the way I looked in pictures and I do not want that to happen again this summer! I have been slowly gaining weight since last summer and have been struggling to put a halt to it no matter how hard/often I workout an eat well. I think I just need more hope and motivation. Let's be each others motivation!
  • littlewitchuk
    littlewitchuk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm getting married on October 29, 2011. I used to work for a large retailer and was on my feet all of the time so I lost 20 pounds---now I'm sitting at a desk and need motivation to continue to lose weight and keep the weight I lost off. My fiance is naturally skinny so I need some support from you all! :)
    I know how you feel, my partner is so skinny the wii fit tells him to go eat some pie. He can't put on weight no matter what he eats....git
  • sherrbearr22
    sherrbearr22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also getting married in July! 7/23/11 - one week after you :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • sarahbutchin
    Options
    I'm a bride. 9/4/11- looking to lose another 5-6 lbs! I already lost 4, which isn't really that much, I guess. HAHA!
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for about 2 years but I got engaged on November 3 this year! I use MFP to keep up with my weight and food and exercise all of the time but with wedding dress shopping time approaching, I've been a little more strict on myself! I'm getting married November 3, 2012! Two years exactly from the proposal!

Feel free to add me!
  • cruise160
    cruise160 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hellllllllllllo Ladies! I am getting married on September 1 2011 in Jamaica :-) So im on a mega mission. I have to be in a bathing suit for almost 3 weeks :-/ O lord I need all the help I can get! LOL :cry: Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't only for the ladies!

I'm not getting married but getting ready for my brothers wedding in september. I am going to be the best man, so I want to make sure I look my best!

...still looking for a date though :::AHEM::: :tongue: