struggling

Options
HI, I am new to this . I want to loose weight and have just started. I try to watch what I eat and exercise. I have only been in this for five days. I know this will take time. What I am struggling with is depression eating. If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Replies

• MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    U can do this! I helped my husband to get 22 off by eating 5 fruits & veggies/day. He drinks vitamin water & v-8, eats a cliff bar for a snack. Just take the first step. He writes his down in a notebook, but I use MFP to help me get 12#s down. Just try to log your diary & exercise everyday & it will start coming off. You'll b so happy.
  • Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would bet that most of us have struggled with emotional eating. But today is a new day! I have made a commitment to myself that I will log my food every day and walk or some other kind of exercise. Simple steps. After awhile, I have found that my emotions and my food don't have to be so connected. You can definitely do this!!!
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are you on depression medications? Eating better will have a positive benefit on your body- whether you see results in the scale or not. Many medications have weight side effects. Depression is so hard on it's own and to add the stress of weight loss it can get trickier. The more you track and make healthier decisions the more they become habits. And I've lost 10lbs since Sept. 1st while having several days where I wasn't so great at staying within my limits. Give yourself some leeway. My goal is set at 1400 but I rarely eat less than 1500 most days I end up around 1650. I allow myself a buffer zone so I don't stress so much about being right on target. If I were you I would make treating my depression my focus and losing weight lower on the priorities. You don't want the stress or losing weight to compound on top of your depression. It is hard sometimes to stay positive about your progress on the scale! You deserve to be well though, good luck!