30 Day Shred???

Options
I was going through a ton of workout dvds online and I have heard mention of the 30 day shred but I would like to know how well it is liked and how well it works. The feedback would be great, also I was wondering about maybe some other workout dvds that are good? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance all!! :)

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are my favorite workouts! I've already left ya feedback on the shred ;)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 DS. I thought I was going to die the first time I did it. But I powered through and eventually finished. I really liked it. I felt like I got great results.
  • ebju8482
    ebju8482 Posts: 32
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 Day Shred yet but I plan on doing it I've heard a lot of great things about it I'm doing the TurboFire dvds right now and I LOVE THEM!!!!! Chalean is great and the music is awesome
  • BonJoviGirl
    BonJoviGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in your replies because I've been wondering the same thing! Amazon has it right now for $9.49!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you are a hard core exerciser already - 30 day shred is not challenging enough. For a beginner to intermediate, its great. If you exercise a lot (ie: I do 45 minutes of cardio everyday, plus two 45 minute fitness classes like kickbocking & total body workout everyday) then you won't find it that challenging. If you want something that will kick your butt:

Jillian Michaels' Fat Blast Metabolism Boost
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Series - both the cardio rev & the super strength

Although even though I like a hard core workout, I do like Leslie Sansone's 5 mile walk DVD - when I need a break from the intense, in your face kind of thing - with her I still feel like I'm burning some calories but not killing myself, its enjoyable.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have done 30-day shred and got great results. I lost almost 10 inches and lost 11.6 lbs in a matter of about 6 weeks. I am currently doing Turbojam which I love. Chalene is very upbeat, and it is kickboxing with a little dance. I will be gettin ripped in 30 days when I am tired of Turbojam.
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd Day of 30 Day Shred and I am super sore. I like that it is only 20 minutes because I know that the next month I am going to be super busy and this way I know I can at least get this workout in everyday.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I really liked the 30 Day Shred. The workout was less than 30 minutes and I really got toned from it. I just started Ripped in 30. I'm hoping for more good results.
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    30ds is an awesome workout. It really kills you. =) But you see some AMAZING results if you can stick with it. I need to get off my *kitten* and get back to doing it again. LOL
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! Sounds like Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire could be great to! Thanks again for all your input! :)
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So far I've only done Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred (tomorrow I intend to graduate to Level 2!) and I've done it 11 times. I noticed that I got quite toned after only the first week of doing the DVD. It was hard to believe that muscles could appear so quickly. The first day is brutal, but stick with it as much as you can, your endurance will increase the next few times you do it. I was pretty sore the first 2 days, but it got much better after that.

Please keep one thing in mind: it is easy to hurt your knees. I developed pretty bad pain on the outer sides of both knees (never done that before in my life). I must have been doing something wrong, maybe the side lunges. Be careful with those. I took about a week off from the DVD to recover, just did it again today since my knees felt normal again, and I was amazed that I was able to do the entire workout except for a couple of very short breaks. Give it a try, I think it's worth it!
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanx again everyone I really appreciate you all!!! :)
  • rungirl27
    rungirl27 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am on day 6 of 30 DS and I am really liking it. I have had this dvd for years but for some reason I did not care for it back then. It is a super intense short workout and you feel fantastic after. If you get it join one of the 30 DS challenges on here. It is keeping me accountable.

Oh and I have already increased weight on some exercises, dropped 2.2 pounds and feel different (better) in 6 days.
  • familyfound
    Options
    I started a challenge on facebook with some girls in my city. I love it and definitely recommend it!!
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    I started last week did 4 days went on vacation this week so im startin it again tomorrow as day 1,