Options
Today was the first day I was able to jog 5k without stopping! 40 minutes and 38 seconds...slow but I am working on it. Today was a success!!!

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    congrats don't outrun yourself. try to improve before your next one

29509743.png
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good job! My first 5k without stopping was 42 minutes and I was stoked! My PR is now 29:03. Keep going - you'll be surprised what your body can do!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes it was! Good job and keep going.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It only gets easier from here on in.
  • ShawnM70
    Options
    As a 370 lb man, I hope to do the same some day soon, well not as a 370 lb'er. LOL. Congrats! awesome!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As I always say "I may not be fast, but I can go the distance."
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    well done! Hope I can say the same some day!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hope I can soon!
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome that you did it! Running/jogging/walking a 5k is something I want to do...it's something I sit around talking about. You, my fitness pal friend, DID IT regardless of how long it took you. You don't sit around thinking/dreaming/wishing it...you straight up did it and that's an accomplishment you should be proud of. Again, congrats!!
  • VA_Camper
    Options
    Great Job! I am hoping to be there soon myself.
  • meg091380
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a 5k coming up on Thanksgiving and have a goal of 40 minutes, so you are truly an inspiration! Keep up the great work!
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This website: http://www.active.com is the best! It gives you all the upcoming events in your state. I know running events advertise but sometimes I don't see it until the event has come and gone. This site keeps me going.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nice work
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I walked my first 5k a few weeks ago, and am doing another one this weekend. I started running a couple weeks ago, but will be walking the one this weekend as well. (My husband and son are doing it with me. We will be meeting up with another family, and all of us are walking it together.) I am hoping to be running them before long!
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm working towards that goal myself!
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep at it. Running is cumulative over time and you will be surprised how much faster you will get if you stay consistent. Also add sprint intervals to your workout some days and do hill or stair work. That's how you get faster if that is your next goal.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!