Reminder Ribbons!

Options
Here's an idea for a watch-what-you-eat reminder: tie a ribbon around your wrist (preferably on the hand you eat most with!) and every time you go to eat something questionable, check out that bow and ask yourself, "Does my body REALLY need this?"

Remember, every bite counts! Make your calories worth it!

Replies

• BrieflyForgotten
    Options
    Here's an idea for a watch-what-you-eat reminder: tie a ribbon around your wrist (preferably on the hand you eat most with!) and every time you go to eat something questionable, check out that bow and ask yourself, "Does my body REALLY need this?"

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!!! Sometimes, I tend to use a permanent magic marker and put a little symbol on my hand if I'm going through an emotional time and don't want to overeat. But I think the ribbon is less conspicuous. Thanks :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    great idea! Sometimes I look at my wedding rings and twist them around cuz they are so loose. This jogs me into thinking, hmmm am I REALLY hungry?
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I guess my mom is a glutton for punishment. She always wore a rubberband so she could "snap some sense" into herself.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey, I just went to make the organic soup I ordered on line and it came with a purple ribbon! Now if that aint fate, dont know what is!
  • BrieflyForgotten
    Options
    Ribbons are SO much prettier than rubber bands! Besides, losing weight is supposed to be good for you, not painful for you!
    I've tried the rubber band thing before and just ended up never snapping it, no matter what I ate! Now, what good is that?! :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ribbons are SO much prettier than rubber bands! Besides, losing weight is supposed to be good for you, not painful for you!
    I've tried the rubber band thing before and just ended up never snapping it, no matter what I ate! Now, what good is that?! :tongue:

I think a good snap for a quarter pounder with cheese is ok....but not a celery stick!!
  • BrieflyForgotten
    Options
    True, true! Although for a meal like that, I'd probably just ask somebody to pinch me. LOL. Whatever gets you there!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    or SLAP ya!!violent021.gif
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

excellent idea!....maybe make it a group effort and get family and friends to participate too...:smile:
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You could also get a longer ribbon and cut it so that it wraps around your waist. Then hang it somewhere. Then when you reach for something not-so-healthy, you can see how "long" your waist is, and think again, just like the wrist ribbon.
    Plus, as you lose, you can mark the ribbon to show what you've lost, and down the line, you might even be able to use that ribbon as a new belt, you'll have shrunk so much!

I like all these visual motivation ideas. Sometimes it gets to be too much of the mental "I think I can" and picturing our bodies thinner, but to see something right there in front of you as a daily reminder is fantastic, and can't be warped by our temptations!
  • BrieflyForgotten
    Options
    You could also get a longer ribbon and cut it so that it wraps around your waist. Then hang it somewhere. Then when you reach for something not-so-healthy, you can see how "long" your waist is, and think again, just like the wrist ribbon.
    Plus, as you lose, you can mark the ribbon to show what you've lost, and down the line, you might even be able to use that ribbon as a new belt, you'll have shrunk so much!

I like all these visual motivation ideas. Sometimes it gets to be too much of the mental "I think I can" and picturing our bodies thinner, but to see something right there in front of you as a daily reminder is fantastic, and can't be warped by our temptations!

Marvelous idea! Similarly, I've taken a tape measure and held the closed circle that is my waist out in front of me, just so I can see from a top-down view what my midsection looks like--it's horrifying! (Not to mention VERY effective!) I've also taken that tape measure and gone around the house to find objects my waist is as "long" as or as big around as. It's certainly an eye-opening activity!