Always craving chocolate!!

Options
2»

Replies

• intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you will find this helpful or not, but as a fellow chocoholic, you are more than welcome to look through my food diary and see what I eat (as a warning, my last few days have not been that impressive).

Some things I use for cravings:

Orchard Valley makes little single-serve 150 calorie dark chocolate covered almonds.

3/4 cup Cocoa Puffs comes in a 100 calories.

Chobani Flips in Nutty for Nana allow you to dump chocolate into your yogurt at 200 calories pre-portioned.

Hunt's Snack Pack Puddings are 110 calories each.

I eat Cliff Builder's Bars as dessert (Mint Chocolate is the best) on days I don't get enough protein. They are pricey at 270 calories, but worth it, in my opinion.

Dole Banana Dippers in the frozen section are awesome and 100 calories per pre-portioned package.

Ghiradelli makes "mini"s that are teensy weensy and a good way to satisfy a craving quickly at about 40 calories each, depending on the variety.

Talenti Gelato Pops are the most delicious (non-diet) ice cream bars at around 200 calories each.

I also eat Quest bars, but they don't really satisfy cravings for me, unfortunately.

Basically, the theme of most of these: they are pre-portioned. I can't eat "just one more bite" because I would have to open a whole new package.
  • kpaige200
    Options
    Try Dole dippers, they are frozen dark chocolate covered bananas or strawberries. They are new and only 60 calories per pack and yummy. Not very many carbs either.
  • erinberi
    erinberi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    put unsweetened coco powder and fruit into a blender
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    add in maple and chia seeds, and that is actually pretty good.
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate. the darker the better, I like it unsweetened evened, chocolate contains proteins and isn't bad for you until you add all the bad stuff to it!! follow the others and eat it but be smart about it and add honey or stevia to cocoa powder and enjoy it with some nut butter or peanut butter :smiley:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Just eat some chocolate?.....
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We tie food to emotional responses. If you visualize yourself eating chocolate and you are or course, in a blissful moment, you illicit more of the same. This is why emotional eating exists. You are craving sugar, rather than Chocolate. I recommened fulfilling this desire with having a fraction of that chocolate, or replacing the sweet craving with fruit, until you ween your strong emotion desires to chocolate.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder is your friend, it can turn anything chocolate. (Chocolate porridge, chocolate milk, chocolate peanut butter sandwiches etc. etc.)
  • YeehooiMama
    Options
    I am also a chocolate fiend! What I do is eat a little bit as a "dessert" after lunch and dinner (my current after meal treat is one lindor truffle or one reese's peanut butter cup). If you're worried about bingeing on it, don't buy in bulk - only buy what you want to eat at that particular moment, like a fun size bar.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my weightloss journey I eat pretty healthy, however i'm always craving CHOCOLATE around the clock!! How do I stray away from it? It's my biggest weakness, I used to eat 2 blocks a day :| now I have 1 block a week as a treat but I can't stop craving it :c Please help and please don't judge :K

Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I eat six squares every day with a little peanut butter (optional). It's super rich and so yummy and easy to control myself around.

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    No reason why a bit of chocolate every day can't fit into your calorie allotment. A single Lindor truffle has ~80 calories depending on the variety.

And here are 50 easy ways to burn those calories off:

Biking: 23 minutes of casual cycling
    Cardio dance class: 15 minutes
    Elliptical: 8 minutes
    Jumping rope: 9 minutes at a moderate intensity
    Lifting weights, vigorously: 15 minutes
    Pilates: 24 minutes
    Rowing machine: 13 minutes
    Running stairs: 6 minutes
    Running: 9 minutes of running at a 6 mph pace
    Swimming: 15 minutes moderate intensity
    Walking stairs: 11 minutes
    Walking: 20 minutes of walking at a 3 mph pace
    Water aerobics: 23 minutes
    Yoga: 20 minutes
    Zumba: 11 minutes
    Basketball, shooting hoops: 20 minutes
    Bowling: 30 minutes
    Dancing around living room: 20 minutes
    Darts: 35 minutes
    Golfing, carrying clubs: 15 minutes
    Ice skating, moderate: 18 minutes
    Kickball: 13 minutes
    Mini golf or driving range: 30 minutes
    Playing catch with a football: 35 minutes
    Playing Frisbee: 30 minutes
    Playing soccer, casual: 13 minutes
    Skiing,downhill: 10 minutes
    Softball or baseball: 18 minutes
    Tennis (doubles): 21 minutes
    Tennis (singles): 15 minutes
    Treading water, moderate effort: 23 minutes
    Volleyball, recreational: 26 minutes
    Water skiing: 15 minutes
    Mowing the lawn: 20 minutes
    Painting house: 18 minutes
    Raking leaves: 23 minutes
    Shoveling snow: 15 minutes
    Washing the car: 20 minutes
    Weeding the garden: 18 minutes
    Carrying an infant: 24 minutes
    Cleaning, moderate effort: 26 minutes
    Cooking: 34 minutes
    Doing dishes: 40 minutes
    Mopping the floor: 20 minutes
    Playing with children: 23 minutes
    Pushing a stroller: 35 minutes
    Rearranging furniture: 14 minutes
    Shopping: 38 minutes
    Sweeping: 23 minutes
    Walking the dog, 26 minutes

(Not that I would log most of these as exercise, but you get the idea...)
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate and was having a square of dark chocolate after my nightly meal. But I recently found Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa. 25 calories in a cup! It has a great chocolate flavor. Some nights I even indulge and put a mashmellow in it. It takes any edge off I'm having.
    Its low enough cals and quite filling!
    Good luck!
  • erinb419
    Options
    Incorporate cocoa powder, especially in yogurt. If you must eat a chocolate block, eat 70% dark chocolate. Ghiradelli chocolate squares are the perfect portion size.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ghiradelli chocolate is low quality. tsk tsk.
  • Shalvia62
    Options
    I keep Kisses in the freezer. I usually have 4-5 every evening as a snack. Satisfies my chocolate cravings for about 25-30 calories each. Moderation is the key.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You need more magnesium in your diet. Eat more nuts. Or eat the chocolate if you have a good grip on the portion control thing.
  • highthomas
    Options
    Increase your vegetable intake like broccoli and other greens. Try to have a cup of vegetables with your meals at least once a day. It will curb the cravings for sweets to a great degree. I am a baking and pastry chef and temptation is always around. I still eat sweets(if they fit into my macros), but the cravings are not as bad. Fruit is a good sweet substitute as well.
  • odilia1996
    Options
    I am Swiss... So I totally understand that! :D There is no way I could live without chocolate. But I am a big fruit fan, so I use that as a substitute. However, that doesn't prevent me from eating a piece from time to time.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate pretty much every day. I'm definitely a chocolate lover. Go ahead and eat some if you can fit it into your calorie goals. I'll have a mini bar after lunch if I really need one, and frequently as a bedtime snack.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Buy small, individually wrapped portions of chocolate candy ( I like ghirardelli squares, dark chocolate reese's, dove promises, hershey's nuggets) and allow yourself one or two at the end of the day. Don't just quickly gobble them down though. Allow them to melt in your mouth and sit there a little bit, maybe with your eyes closed. I find this helps to get over the craving with only one or two small pieces.