supplementation for joint pain please

Options
Hello friends iv been having joint pain in elbows alot and in forearms as well I was wondering is there suppliments I can take.
today I have pain in elbows even though I have just woken up and did nothing and yesterday i did not even workout its like a cold pain in the elbow in both elbows

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    One thing that I started taking, that has helped me a TON!!!!!
    Was Controlled Labs Orange Triad multivitamin.
    It helps....there is some joint pain....but not like it was.
    Definitely more manageable.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It's gonna sound a bit silly, but eat 3stalks of celery daily. It has helped my mom with her knees and wrists.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Move Free is an excellent supplement for Joint pain and aches. It takes about a week to work, but there is a noticeable difference.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin D3
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have a little crackling in my hips when I do squats and lunges, so I asked my doctor about it. She said her husband (an osteopath) had the same problem and started taking glucosamine for it. After taking it regularly for a few months he saw much improvement. I've been taking it for about a month now and I hear much less "cellophane" from my hip joints now. Maybe it would work for you too? She did say it has to be taken regularly and takes some time to show results so you have to be patient.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I take a move free ultra daily in the evening, along with a multivitamin and a capsule of turmeric. I'll take a ginger in the morning if I remember. Both ginger and turmeric are natural anti-inflamitories, the move free is for cartilage etc.

I don't have joint specific pain, but I'm 47 and my mom does, trying to ward it off. I do have residual pain from a car accident 10 years ago that left me with bursitis in both shoulders, and neck issues.

Taking the spices has allowed me to almost completely stop using ibuprofen or aspirin for daily aches and pains, because I rarely have them now.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    First thing is talk to a Doctor to make sure you do not have a condition they need to address. I can say that taking glucosamine has helped me with my wrist pain caused by a couple injuries. My chiropractor recommended it to me. The adjustments would help but would not "stick" after 3 months of glucosamine I am almost pain free. I have had only 2 adjustments in that time. I take other supplements also but did not see improvement until I added the glucosamine.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine which really helps. I notice if I forget to take it for even two days in a row I start to have the pain and stiffness in my knees and other joints.

Also, as I lose weight and there isn't as much pressure on my joints the pain and discomfort decreases, so that's something to look forward to.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Triple Flex Glucosamine from Nature Made. It's been such a huge help for joint pain.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine which really helps.

No, it doesn't (unless you're referring to a placebo effect).
    Just published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), a meta-analysis of glucosamine and chondroitin for osteoarthritis involving 10 trials and 3803 subjects – showing no benefit for either, separately or in combination. These supplements, like so many that have gone before them, are little more than expensive placebos.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/no-benefit-from-glucosamine-and-chondroitin/

• Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Consult your doctor first. Common causes joint pain are arthritis, osteoarthritis, degeneration of joint cartridge, and hyper flexi joints. For supplements, I would suggest Deer Velvet, like that of Kingly Life. Kingly Life has proven to assist those people suffering from joint pain.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Very common dancer/athlete supplement.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Just published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), a meta-analysis of glucosamine and chondroitin for osteoarthritis involving 10 trials and 3803 subjects – showing no benefit for either, separately or in combination. These supplements, like so many that have gone before them, are little more than expensive placebos.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/no-benefit-from-glucosamine-and-chondroitin/

I know this is anecdotal, but my arthritic dog has gone from barely shifting around to running around after a couple of months of taking it. There must be some kind of benefit and pain relief, at least in his particular case.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hello friends iv been having joint pain in elbows alot and in forearms as well I was wondering is there suppliments I can take.
    today I have pain in elbows even though I have just woken up and did nothing and yesterday i did not even workout its like a cold pain in the elbow in both elbows

Like someone else mentioned, go to a doctor FIRST. I had elbow / forearm issues where they were hurting all the time, and at work (desk job) I had t constantly stretch my arms out after an hour or so of working due to pain. I had tendinitis which needed surgery to clean and get the inflammation down.

It still hurts to this day, but when I workout I use these: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sling-shot/compression-cuff.html

THEY WORK WONDERS!
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I know this is anecdotal, but my arthritic dog has gone from barely shifting around to running around after a couple of months of taking it. There must be some kind of benefit and pain relief, at least in his particular case.

You are not a dog.