College Student Making Lifestyle Change Looking for similar people

Options
Hey I'm 18 looking for people around the age group of college students I'm trying to lose 78 pounds by June/July of this year I'm unsure if its possible but I want to try :)

Replies

• shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm not 18, 37 but a college grad. It is totally possible to lose 78 pounds by June/July. I have lost 110 pounds since January of this year without the use of diet pills or crazy fad diets. You can do it!
  • songbird6795
    songbird6795 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, a Sophomore in college right now. I've lost 12 pounds so far and it feels great! :) Inbox me if you wanna chat.
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me, 25 college law student so i know the struggle. and yes its doable, we can all do it!
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, but a returning college student. I earned an ADN over 25 years ago and am returning now for a BS. I've lost ~40 lbs in the last year and overall ~110 over the last several. I have about 50 to go. Feeling much better about myself and my ability to set a good example for cardiac patients. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • zzonked
    zzonked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started when I was 18 and in college. It's a great time to start because you tend to have more free time and flexible time than you ever will in full time work. 78 lb sounds like a lot, maybe you can do it but don't be disheartened if you don't. I usually hear 1lb a week is a good target, that would be like 40lb or something in that time frame? Regardless of specifics you can still make great progress.

Try not to go too nuts with extreme working out/dieting or you'll just want to quit. Set a sustainable pace and stay consistent making it gradually harder. 3 times a week for working out is enough and don't be worried if you have the occasional day where your diet goes a bit wrong. I'm sure you can do it, good luck!
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 20 year old college sophomore. I haven been at this for a couple months (almost 3, actually) now, and I am always looking for friends who are in the same situation! Anyone feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im 25. I started out wanting to lose 101 pounds, and have accomplished half of that. I haven't been very good about working out or eating right in the last few months but I am ready to get back at it and finish the last 50 pounds! Feel free to add me for motivation, I may need some myself!
  • eab40726
    eab40726 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshmen also trying to lose a large amount of weight. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other
  • dms6k
    dms6k Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 21 and a junior in college. Recently married and struggling with PCOS. Feel free at add me :)