body image

Ree_Chatelain
Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
I'm wondering if it's just me.
When I was ginormous, I didn't realize how big I was until I would see a picture. I knew I was big but never as big as I actually was. Now that i've lost a person (120lbs) my mental image of myself is still that of a big girl. I still picture myself as bigger then I am. Now when I look in a mirror I assume i've entered a fun house and am seeing a stretch view of me because in my mind i'm still more of an umpa lumpa. Is it just me, or some crazy mind trick we all have when it comes to the way we view ourselves?

Replies

• Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    It takes sometime to get used to the new you. You'll probably think of yourself I don't fit in that... its too small for me (while its probably not) for the longest time until you get used to your new self. I still do it sometimes. Its normal and fine as long as you realize your healthy weight and dont try to over do the weight loss. I mean by having a distorted image of yourself. Some people might have that problem.
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    It happens to me too! And I come to the conclusion that we judge ourselves more than anybody else.. I try not to. but I guess my mind sometimes is stuck with a certain image.
    We have to break through!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.