A lot of food for a few calories?

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
In transitioning well to mfp however I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with recipes that have a lot of food with not a lot of calories.. Anything.. Didn't even have to taste great!

Replies

• almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you looking for? If you want to friend me you can look through my food diary. I use a bunch of ingredients with low calories and usually end up with meals between 300-450 calories.
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    10 Zucchini, some peppers, I use 2-3 jalapenos 1-2 Anaheim 3-4 Serrano, 5 cloves garlic, 2-4 inches grated fresh ginger, 2 or three cans diced tomatoes. I like to mix it up like 2 cans no salt and 1 with jalapenos.
    saute the garlic and ginger in 1 tbs oil for 3-5 mins
    then add everything else. Simmer for 20 to 30 min.

1 serving is around 50 calories.
    I like to eat. I eat alot of celery and salad without dressing.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are low in calorie and filling
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    healthy choice soups are pretty hearty and very good.. only about 200 calories a can. The rice and chicken one I had for dinner with rice cakes and I'm very full only 220 for the soup and 130 for 30g of rice cakes.. =)
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Vegetables. However you want to prepare them. Eat as many of them as you want. Not very filling, but they can be quite tasty.

I also find that boneless, skinless chicken breast is filling and tasty and not many calories.
  • EnnazuSEM
    Options
    My favorite healthy, quick, easy, cheap meal is any kind of grilled fish, tilapia, salmon, tuna steaks, mahi mahi and half a bag of the steam fresh vegetables, no extra dressings. You could eat a full bag depending on your appetite, but that may upset your tummy later if you know what I mean. I usually use the broccoli and cauliflower steam fresh bags. So its an easy meal to prepare, and if you have enough to split in half you'll get another meal out of it!
  • EnnazuSEM
    Options
    Another quick/easy/cheap meal I picked up was buying the sodium free bullion packets. They say they make 1 cup of broth. I usually use to 2 cups of water for one packet. Add in a cup of rice and some cooked peas/carrots. You can add chopped up or shredded chicken, tofu, turkey, tuna, anything you have on hand.