Sort of an NSV...

Options
Small NSV today, I think. Went to Taco Bell for TOM comfort food (a bigger NSV would have been NOT going, but I was craving tacos!) Ended up coming away with only 400 calories! Sounds like a lot, but typically I would have gotten any of these choices:

Nacho Bell Grande + Soft Taco = 970 cal
Cheesy Gordita Crunch + Soft Taco = 760 cal
Chicken Quesadilla + Soft Taco = 730 cal

Instead, I got 2 soft shell tacos and 1 hard shell taco (regulars, not supremes). Only ate the soft shells and gave the other to my boyfriend. Saved myself over 300 calories by looking up nutritional info before I went. I thought that was pretty good.

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That's definitely progress, however, I'm sure you could look up some wonderful quick and easy HEALTHIER recipes to make at home yourself :)
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    I do love homemade tacos. With paprika and cayenne pepper or chili powder instead of the seasoning packets (less salt) mmmmm. I prefer chicken also so it would have been even better. I didn't have any hamburger or chicken here though, which is sounding like an excuse even to me since if I drove all the way to TBell, I could have driven to the store just as easily..... I'll keep that in mind next time I'm having the urge to take the fast food route.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What a great idea you had to look up the nutritional value before going! That is one essential aspect of this journey: becoming calorie-conscious! Well done!!:drinker:
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think that's great! Did you find the info on taco bell's website or somewhere else? I think any NSV is worth celebrating!!! Keep it up and keep thinking positive. Remember if you completely cut yourself off, your "diet" will never last :)
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    next time, even if you don't have meat at home you could make some veggie ones! totally cuts out a lot of the fat, too.
  • 2monkeys
    2monkeys Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV, anytime you change a habit you should be proud. Way to go!
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    The Fresco Tacos are actually pretty good... I'm not big on tomatoes but I eat them on this. The calories are just a little less than the regular tacos. When my husband and I want to go there, we usually end up getting like two of those each and split a nacho supreme. Which is very filling. We have been trying to do that a lot more when we go out to eat. We do the same as you, check a website before going out to find out what to get - makes it easier.

I kinda had a NSV as well, we went Olive Garden last week. I managed to had 2 bowls of salad, 1 breadstick and half my cheese raviloi. I saved my dessert (Tiramisu) for the next day for lunch at work.
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is great because you took control of what you ate! Control is the ticket! :glasses:
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    total NSV!!! the whole point of this site is to teach you how to make positive food choices. You made awesome choices. There are going to be meals out...there is going to be fast food. It's just how you handle the situation. Looks like you made the right choices YAY! we can't hide in our houses and make every meal. I plan on going to restaurants.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I love the Fresco tacos too. I avoid the cheese to lower the calories, but even their regular tacos are not too bad.
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    I think that's great! Did you find the info on taco bell's website or somewhere else? I think any NSV is worth celebrating!!! Keep it up and keep thinking positive. Remember if you completely cut yourself off, your "diet" will never last :)

Some of the foods are already in the MFP database, but the Taco Bell website does have nutrition values as well
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!