Swelling after weights?

Options
So I went to my first bodypump class yesterday, it kick my butt! I think I had too much weight on my bar, I found it very tough. Anyways, last night I noticed some pain in my elbow area, it hurt enough to make sleeping difficult. This morning, I woke up to some major swelling above my elbow, and it's very sore. Please tell me this is normal, and not a blood clot!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    A little bit of inflammation and soreness is normal, major swelling is not. RICE it and/or see a doctor, especially if it doesn't get better within about a week.
  • Beachedasbro
    Beachedasbro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, I'm probably just paranoid, I'm new to this torture! :p
  • ElBriano
    ElBriano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always tell people that are new to BodyPump, the first three sessions should be about learning the form and range of motion. Doing most of the exercises, even with little or no weight can still give you a workout. The high reps can make light weights feel very heavy. Add weights gradually, it is a journey. :smile: If you think think you might want to move up a weight, but the next increment up is too much, add weight for part of a track, then when you need to, just set the bar down, remove the extra weight and continue. The class is there for you to move at your own speed.

Stretch out again after class. All of these things can help with reducing unusual soreness.