Ladies...the perfect gym bag?

Options
Does it exist?

I am using an old Vera Bradley baby bag (LOL!) for my gym bag right now. It has pockets inside but is on the small side and just doesn't look very "gym-ish".

What kind of bag do you use? Link me up! I'd love one with inside pockets for shampoo/soap/brush/etc and plenty of room for a change of clothes, towel, shoes.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    a black backpack.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just use a tote bag....and I'd use a travel toiletry bag for the shampoo, etc
  • Zerashen
    Zerashen Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I use an Adidas bag that I love. It has only one inner pocket that I use for extra hair ties/bobby pins, but I carry a small makeup pouch (shaped like a cylinder) to carry deodorant, feminine products and travel sized shampoo/wash.

Normally my bag has the following:
    • Gym shirt
    • Gym bottoms
    • Extra socks
    • Water Bottle
    • Shower towel/washcloth
    • Makeup bag with toiletries
    • Shoes (on the outer mesh pocket)
    • Occasionally the spare work outfit

I love my bag because it holds all this with ease. Got it from Amazon in my purple so I'm rockin' my gear. Helps me go to the gym because I keep it in my car: no excuse when it's already packed!
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Longchamp Le Pliage tote, which is nice, but I'm really lusting after this one: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/formflux-tote-bag/pid-1487589/pgid-10068379
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have a big bag that can also be used as a backpack. It opens with a zipper like a car trunk. Very easy to find whatever that's in a corner or at the bottom. It can take both biking and trainer shoes, 2 water bottles, towel, toiletries and extra shift of dry clothes for after shower. It probably takes about 45-50 liter.

I love it. Normal size backpacks of 35 liters aren't big enough for my needs. I hate to scramble and take out everything to find stuff...

Edit: I put the shoes in separate plastic bags, so no contamination.
  • smilzjoay
    Options
    I just got a great North Face backpack on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods. I had my heart set on an Adidas one, but I couldn't pass the price, or the fun colors on this one :) I love that it has the most perfect spot to put my shoes on the inside, without crushing them! It also has a nice side mesh pocket for my water bottle, while the front zip pocket has a ton of those perfect little spots for deodorant, tampons, hair ties, shampoo, etc, etc. Have fun finding your new bag! They make life so much easier !!!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I won't spend a lot of money on something to put gym clothes and tennis shoes in. I use a cheap tote bag
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use a holdall/weekend bag I bought recently in the sale, it has room for all the stuff I need and it also doubles up as a handy overnight bag if we do stay away overnight. :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I made both of these bags. The pink one eventually ended up not being big enough, so I made the green one. The bag is similar to a weekend bag Victoria's Secret was giving away. It has a pocket on each side of the bag, one zippered pocket on the outside of the bag, and one zippered pocket on the inside of the bag.

I am able to put a change of clothes in the bag, along with two pairs of shoes, my TRX, exercise bands, some knee/elbow pads, and various other odds and ends I use when working out.
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will be surfing for bag options this evening.

(Oh...did I mention I love bags??) LOL
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love my tiny Dooney & Burke vinyl tote which looks more like purse than a gym bag. It just fits sneakers and one change of clothes.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...I feel like there is way too much thought into this.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Nike tote
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The free one my gym gives me?
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    i use a black nike duffle
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have a thirty one bag.. but I need more pockets!!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I use a backpack. I never thought about it..I just happened to have one laying around when I needed one
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    That Nike one is nice but I could never spend that much on a bag! Right now I just use the freebie totes that I get at expos but I can see the need for something that will carry everything because I am going to be getting dressed at my gym once a week and organization will speed things up. I've seen some cute gym bags at Marshals and TJ Maxx.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just use a giant bag that zips at the top. Nothing fancy. I got it on clearance at the gift shop when an old employer was changing its logo and trying to clear out stuff that had the old logo on it. It is only slightly smaller than this bag.

oak-large-twill-tote-03-421x540.jpg