need motivation

Options
So today I've decided I need to get serious and get healthy. I need to exercise and eat a lot better (I'm ADDICTED to Reese cups). I have lost weight in the past but ever since I've had my daughter (who is 4) the weight has crept on. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 155. (I weigh 30 lbs more now than i did before i had her.) I keep starting to eat better but whenever I get stressed out, I turn to food. Any suggestions for staying motivated?

Replies

• kimmikins75
    kimmikins75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like you, I've lost weight in the past but have never been able to keep it off. Motivation has been a really big factor for me. One of the things I have done is take a picture every couple of weeks since starting and then put them side by side so I can see the difference. My profile pic is an example. Another thing I do is read weight loss success stories others post. I especially love those with before and after pictures. It reinforces the knowledge that it is possible to make changes. When I started, I had 150 lbs to lose. It seemed so overwhelming and unattainable. What I did was set mini goals for myself. After the first 20 lbs, I treated myself to a hair appt . The next 20 was a mani/pedi day. I just kept giving myself mini goals so I had something to look forward to. When I hit 100 lbs lost, I splurged a little and bought new workout clothes (14 sizes smaller than when I started!) and cross trainers. I think the important thing is to set goals unrelated to food. Just know that you can do this, and that there's an entire community of awesome people in varying phases of the same journey as you here to support you! You are more than welcome to add me if you like. I hope I've offered some useful advice. Good luck! We're all rooting for you!
  • ladybug429
    ladybug429 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Good ideas! I've added you as a friend.