Jawbone UP vs Jawbone UP24

Options
Hi All,

Thinking of getting one of these & wondered if the UP24 was worth the extra cost?

Please share your experiences & opinions.

Replies

• ninjacakegirl
    ninjacakegirl Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I did a lot of thinking and research on this over the past couple of months, and ended up just getting the regular UP. To me, the only real difference I could find is that the UP24 has Bluetooth capabilities, so you don't have to plug it into a headphone jack to update everything.

Also, you can get a good deal on all the trackers at Kohls. I just bought my UP this past Saturday, and while you can't use percent-off coupons on them, you can use Kohls Cash. I got my UP for $64 after taxes by using $20 in Kohls Cash. :)
  • TheBradka
    TheBradka Posts: 265
    Options
    I just got the up24 last week and love it! I takes a little education to figure it out but works great with MFP and I do like the fact that it is BT. It constantly is sending data back to MFP and gives you a more "real time" picture of what is going on... with the up you alway have to plug it in to transfer your data...
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I looked into the Up when it was new but it has no display so to even see your progress you'd have to take it off, remove a cap, plug it into your phone and sync. That was one thing that got old really quickly with the Body Media Fit, so I know it wasn't what I wanted.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have an UP24 and I enjoy it. I bought it with the hopes of it motivating me to move more and eat better but I use MFP to log food as the food application on UP is bologna. So far it hasn't helped motivate me to get me moving more but it has made me more aware of my lack of movement and sleep. It's a fun little game to me. But that's about all.
    The accuracy of the calories I burn with a HRM versus the UP just counting my steps when I walk is pretty solid. It however wont have the ability to accurately track anything like weight lifting or cycling/cardio.

The bluetooth feature just goes with my personality a little better, instant gratification lol
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i just got my up 24 and love it. it doesn't track the cardio or weight lifting automatically, but you can use the stop watch function to mark time that you spent doing other activities and go into the app to tag them and the calories will adjust to the activity.
    I would like to find more people to join my team though since not many of my contacts use it...message me if you're interested in being teammates!