Healthy Vegetarian Meals

Options
jbartholomew87
jbartholomew87 Posts: 9 Member
Hi Everyone!

I recently got married and my husband is vegetarian and I am struggling with coming up with healthy meals. I know how to change up the unhealthy meals that I grew up eating to change it and make it vegetarian. but I am struggling coming up with some clean healthy recipes. We do eat soy meat to help with protein. Do you have any good recommendations on some clean healthy veggie meals?

Jenny

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    theppk.com

Stir fry or lasagna are good choices.
  • slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Compassionate Cook by PeTA is a good cookbook.

This guide has a few good ones.

And some more.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lentil tacos are quick and easy. I buy the ready made lentils (Melissa's brand) in the fridge section of Sprouts/Mother's/Whole Foods/Fresh Easy/Trader Joe's and then all I have to do is heat it. Throw it on some organic corn tortillas (heated) + top with veggies (I like peppers cooked in a bit of coconut oil) + mango salsa, salsa, avocado, guacamole, sriracha, whatever you like.

Pea soup? Easy to chuck in the crockpot. Bean and veggie chili? I make enchiladas a lot too and stuff them with spinach, mushroom, kale, peppers, etc. I don't eat dairy but my family does so they get cheese in theirs too.

We love this spicy kale peanut salad too: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/01/spicy-peanut-ginger-kale-salad.html

^^^ There are a ton of recipes on that blog too.
  • corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and my husband is a meat eater. I make things like casserole, put meat in his and quorn mince in mine.

I do a grill at the weekends and again I do a meat version for him and quorn bacon slices and sausages for me. I personally prefer the mini sausages.

Spag bol is the same. A meat version for him and a quorn version for me.

Chicken curry. Chicken in his and quorn chicken pieces in mine.

I usually cook * 6 portions of each and freeze them (except the grill)

Lentils, kidney beans, spinach, sweet potatoe, squash with pumpkin seeds are all are good side dishes for above.