Finally serious

Options
hello, hello! My name is Alyssa, I am 21 years old and currently weighing 200 pounds, my end goal is to be fifty pounds lighter. I believe I am finally in the right mindset to be successful, and even if I am not I am prepared to push myself to become a healthier version of myself.

Always open to making friends who I can share my success and failures with. Somebody who will be there when I need a little extra motivation, and of course I hope to do the same.

Replies

• whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa!....I came here after years of being overweight.....not happy with my appearance and feeling like I will never get fit. Once I started keeping track here and talking with others who are going through the same struggle, my determination intensified! I think you have to want it for yourself and for the right reasons before you can see success....sounds like you are in a good place!....any motivation you need, I can give that to you!......Once you start tracking and see results, you will be hooked!...best of luck to you!
  • timao093
    timao093 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you @whitehorse67, I have had to reflect on my reasonings for weight loss, I've been through motions so many times before, and the reasoning has always been primarily for looks. I'm beginning this journey again, with the goal of being healthier. I am confident, and I want to achieve the goals I set for myself. I look forward to hearing more of your story and sharing mine with you!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Alyssa, well done for starting your journey. :) Please feel free to add me. I turn 40 next month but I think health is all we need to have in common. I look forward to getting to know you as we march along this path.
  • kalinbeima
    kalinbeima Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa! Feel free to add me. I started a few weeks ago and my goal is to be healthier overall and loose 50 too. Having friends on here definitely helps for the accountability and helpful tips. Good luck!
  • timao093
    timao093 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Cori_Mac and @kalinbeima, thank you so much for the welcome. I'm excited, but I don't want to be too over-eager. It's only day two, but I'm hoping that this journey will roll into weeks, months, and years :) Good luck with your goals, I look forward to hearing more about your progress!

@marcmmccoy21, thank you for the tips. I will definitely look into everything you mentioned! :)