Question about "Body shape"

Options
Maqneta
Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
now I heard that your "ideal" weight has to do with your body shape which I am confused a bit about I was told I was an endomorph now that I am 73 pounds lighter I'm apparently a mix between Endomorph & Mesomorph? (is this even possible???)

my stomach looks alright just flabby from the skin, I have a shape but my fat seems to go to my chest and face **very annoying but slowly going away ** my arms and legs are thin.

( I am 18 167.5 LB 5'11 )
I just generally am not sure what to drop to, I want to drop until I can reduce the fat around my face and chest but I am starting to think perhaps I shouldn't continue to drop past 165 LB.
t9798g6wjk4o.png

Question because Tl;DR
if someone can tell me if I should continue to drop in terms of weight because of my body shape or stay around my current weight (I seriously don't know at this point because I have no clue what body shape I actually have)

EDIT: Question answered thanks everyone for the advice!

prog.png 585.3K

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    whats the question?!
  • Maqneta
    Options
    whats the question?!

if someone can tell me if I should continue to drop in terms of weight because of my body shape or stay around my current weight.

• TavistockToad
    Options
    thats up to you, not strangers on the internet....
  • Maqneta
    edited October 2014
    Options

Guess I just want to know others opinions on what I should do.
    personally I am not sure.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It is up to you - you look fine - but if I were you I'd be starting a weight-training programme
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    At this point, I would say focus on toning your body and concentrating on fitness instead of weight. Your body will figure out the right balance for you when you find a manageable long term exercise routine. Great job taking control of your weight before you get old and bad habits get more ingrained!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Maqneta wrote: »

thanks for bolding, that really helped me understand what you mean...

IMO you cant tell from a picture where you're obviously sucking your belly in.
  • Maqneta
    Options

I am (that's from me being a bit insecure overall I'll take another pic) but anyone could have seen that and I'm sorry if I came across rude with the bold!

• Maqneta
    Options
    At this point, I would say focus on toning your body and concentrating on fitness instead of weight. Your body will figure out the right balance for you when you find a manageable long term exercise routine. Great job taking control of your weight before you get old and bad habits get more ingrained!

Thanks for the advice!
  • Maqneta
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It is up to you - you look fine - but if I were you I'd be starting a weight-training programme

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Yeah it's kind of hard to see from that picture. Could you post a front pic without sucking in or anything? I would suggest to start weightlifting though. You'll see good results that way.
  • Maqneta
    Options

Yeah it's kind of hard to see from that picture. Could you post a front pic without sucking in or anything? I would suggest to start weightlifting though. You'll see good results that way.

thank you!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss though! :D
  • Maqneta
    edited October 2014
    Options
    (deleted the other photo because basically useless) idk why I thought that was a good idea in the first place to suck in my belly a bit.

Edit: thank you all for the advice I will look into it. c:
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    (deleted the other photo because basically useless) idk why I thought that was a good idea in the first place to suck in my belly a bit.

Edit: thank you all for the advice I will look into it. c:

eat at maintenance and lift heavy stuff... girls like a bit of muscle :wink:
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the stage you're at yet, but I plan to be, and I've been giving thought to what I want when I get there.

What I've settled on mostly is focussing on body fat as a guide when I reach that point, and would like to keep my body weight between 12 and 15% body fat. I'm not sure what my muscularity will be like when I hit 15% (I'm currently about 20%), but if I feel there's areas for improvement, I plan to use 15% as my indicator to cut, and 12% as my indicator to bulk until I am happy with the results.

I am however past my formative growth years, so would temper any advice you're considering taking, with whether it doesn't hinder your bodies optimal growth at this point.

I don't know what your level of current and desired level of muscularity and leanness are, but I would use those as the indicators as to what your next step should be.

By the way, re: loose skin, I believe bulking is supposed to have benefits in that regard, or at least I remember reading so from at least one source.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice:

Throw out that junk about "mesomorphs" and the like.

Speak to your doctor/dietitian about what a healthy weight would be for you and about body recomposition.

Start weight training.