Does my TDEE seem right?

Options
Hey everyone, I've been trying to lose weight, as well as toning up for the past month. I usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week and eat healthy (except I sometimes slack off once a week, not eating too healthy but I never go over my calories). At first I was eating very little calories, maybe around 1,000 or less (net calories), I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and then stayed at the same weight. I did some research and found out about the TDEE formula. I used a few calculators and formulas I found online and I came to an average.
I'm eating 1,850 calories, I'm a 5'4, 192 pound female. Today I really struggled even hitting 1,500 calories.
I want to know if my TDEEE sounds about right, or if it might be too high?
Thanks everyone!

Replies

• philwrightfitness
    Options
    The only way to know if it's too high is are you losing weight? If the answer is no then it's yes! No one can give you a definitive answer because the tdee is based on a number of factors unique to you not least of which how many calories you burn when exercising . Just monitor your intake and reduce your calories by 5% every week until the weight starts to drop
  • philwrightfitness
    Options
    If you want an approximate estimate you will need to provide an estimate of your body fat % and an idea of how much exercise and of what type
  • mariadvicuna
    Options
    The only way to know if it's too high is are you losing weight? If the answer is no then it's yes! No one can give you a definitive answer because the tdee is based on a number of factors unique to you not least of which how many calories you burn when exercising . Just monitor your intake and reduce your calories by 5% every week until the weight starts to drop

I'm going to get me a HRM soon, hopefully that will help me determine how many calories I'm losing. Thank you.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Is your TDEE 1850, or is this your TDEE minus a percentage? Did you include exercise in your calculation?

TDEE = maintenance. So if your TDEE is 1850 and you are eating 1850, then you will maintain.