Draggin' my sorry fat butt back into this crowd

Options
I was posting pretty regularly and tracking my calories religiously for a while. Then I got away from it and gained most of the weight I'd lost. I still feel good, still exercise, but hey, I'm fat again. So let's give this another go, eh?

Replies

• chopperdaddy
    chopperdaddy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and gained 25 pounds in 4 months of apathy. Just get back in the game dude, you can't win if you don't play
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • dandelioon
    dandelioon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also giving this another go (started 2 years ago, stopped 1,5 year ago and here I am again!). This time we do this right!
  • jeep2961
    jeep2961 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    your profile picture gave me such a chuckle , love your humor, would love to give you some support, sending a friend request, I could use a little more sense of humor in this normally boring redundant day in day out of logging calories and exercise !!
  • chelleshore18
    chelleshore18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am back in the game, too, after a diabetes scare. I have lost and gained so many times it's hard to keep up with it. Back in the game for my health.
  • CherylMichele
    Options
    100+ pounds to lose add me :heart_eyes:
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Okay... so... Trying to do the food tracking but it's hard for me this time for some reason. I just need some discipline. Also feeling sorry for myself because I pulled a muscle in my back and came down with a bug over the weekend. On the mend but the back still bothers me.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Turn it into a game for yourself. Don't let yourself lose. Sometimes, your competitive streak will come out and you won't let yourself lose.
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    See that's the problem. I'm pretty laid back, not very competitive. And although I know I need to lose some weight, I'm pretty content with my body image. I'd like it to be better but I don't obsess that it's not.
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Meh. Here we go again.

Fell off my bike a few weeks ago, sprained wrists, skinned knee. Gained up to about as heavy as I've ever been, 235 (I was already moving in the wrong direction and getting off the bike didn't help). Decided to start counting the calories again. Back down 5 pounds. Let's see if I can keep it going. I'd like to get below 200, ideally to about 190. If I can stick to the calorie counts I can make it.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too, and regained 45 lbs (of which I've since re-lost 33). The second time around, MFP alone wasn't enough incentive. And then somebody told me about DietBet, and I got my motivation back! I'm too stubborn/cheap/competitive to allow myself to fail & throw my money away. So I'm using both simultaneously, and it's working really well.
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Good luck with your weight loss goals
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Naw, fell off the wagon. Got up to my fattest ever: 243 lb.

Climbed back on again, hopefully it won't run me over this time.
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Checking in.... down 20 lb. to 223 and feeling much better. I seem to do the best when I can ride my bicycle and I've been getting some opportunities at that lately, including 40 miles today.

Taken through a sculpture in downtown Fort Worth
    7NTrgq6zKMuD-_xpxNNkcsQrqVumXYJ9bJxTqcfpGTY-2048x1152.jpg
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Trinity Park in Fort Worth
    W4T2Y2gRdwBKFmZf3DPwxFyyqkaGHIa6ihi4quMfw9E-2048x1152.jpg
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Sunset
    9OLymO2NUaBTk-syyP7PXDrCZuXqxxLJzGKgBCxSJDM-2048x1152.jpg
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    So as of this morning, I'm down 24 pounds this year. I'm below 220 for the first time in quite a while. Just before Christmas I bought a couple of pair of pants with 40 inch waistlines because I simply couldn't fit in my 38s anymore. This evening I dug out my 36s and they fit just right. I have a few pair of 34s and... no, not yet. But that's my next goal I guess. I might have to get below 200 lb. before they will fit though (which could be by May).
  • InsaneMontae
    InsaneMontae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I lost 126 pounds. Gained 60 back when I went back to school. I've lost 30 of that 60,but still trying to get back to where i was. 30 more to go!! Everyone here feel free to Add me. My journal is open and you can see things I eat and what has helped me lose all my weight. Or you can message me if you have questions. I'm starting to be more active on here.
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    I hear ya. Some of us are yo-yo dieters by nature.
  • PaulHalicki
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Roads were wet when I started and the skies didn't look too hot, but it stayed dry on this ride (for a change). Because of the wet roads the breakfast ride I sometimes ride on Saturdays was canceled so I did my own thing for 36 miles.

Between counting calories and riding, it's working. I'm down to 217 as of this morning, losing 26 lb. so far. Another 20 or so to go.