so i'm trying....

Options
I am eating and logging my calories, eating my exercise calories...exercising slowly but surely. but i'm not losing weight. its only been 2 weeks but I was hoping for a big drop to motivate me..

I am currently 5' 7 and 158lbs and aant to get to 130.

MFP gives me 1400 calories/day

Replies

• JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    I am eating and logging my calories, eating my exercise calories...exercising slowly but surely. but i'm not losing weight. its only been 2 weeks but I was hoping for a big drop to motivate me..

I am currently 5' 7 and 158lbs and aant to get to 130.

MFP gives me 1400 calories/day
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The best advice I think I can give you is to never expect a big drop. They happen very seldom, and rarely do they indicate a large fat loss. Most of the time--especially in the beginning--they're due to a loss in water and stored blood sugar. Expect 0-1 lbs. Your body doesn't run on math, so while it's easy to 'eat less, exercise more,' it can take a while for anything to happen. Think in terms of months and years--your whole life you will be making these changes, and your whole life you will be able to shape your body. Two weeks is a drop in the bucket. Just keep at it, because if you stop, you'll know for sure nothing will happen.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I started working out and joined MFP, I didn't see anything happen until week 5! I know that seems like forever, but since then I have lost between .5 and 2 pounds a week. I think our bodies are in shock for the first little while. It will come around! Just keep on working and be positive. You are getting healthier!! :wink:

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Ditto! Hang in! It will come off. In the meantime focus on how it feels to have more energy for your daily tasks and all the ways you are already making a healthier you!
  • JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    thanks ladies!!! that was just what i needed!! and i do have more energy