Wanna get under 200 lbs?

Options

Replies

• ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Are any of you addicted to getting on the scale like I am? I get on it every morning. I've read numerous different articles about how often to weigh yourself, and pretty much it just comes down to personal choice. Well I was happy to see that I lost another 0.4 pounds today. I'm still 2.6 pounds higher than the last weight I recorded, but I'm making progress. Hopefully within the next two weeks I will get down to my last recorded weight. I started C2K on Sunday, so hopefully adding that to my exercise will help boost weight loss. I've also been trying to drink more water and less diet coke. Maybe after getting that in check I will work on consuming less sodium. My sodium is almost always over. Good Luck everyone!!
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    Sugar is my problem and I get so cranky when I try to quit. Does anyone know how long it takes for the physical part to go away? Headaches, cranky-pants, etc? I think I could white-knuckle my way through if I knew how long it was going to be. I usually cave about 36 hours into it.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh yea under 200lbs would be awesome! I have 24 lbs to go :)
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sugar is my problem and I get so cranky when I try to quit. Does anyone know how long it takes for the physical part to go away? Headaches, cranky-pants, etc? I think I could white-knuckle my way through if I knew how long it was going to be. I usually cave about 36 hours into it.

From what I have read the withdraw symptoms with food (headaches and such) usually go away in 3-5 days because it's your body's detoxing so the cravings may not be as strong after the first week.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    3-5 days, wow! Any wonder I never make it past 36 hours, I wimp out way to early. Anyone have any ideas of a better way to do it? Does it help to wean off gradually? Maybe I'll give that a go - I haven't been that good the past couple of days but definitely going in a better direction.
  • wicklessgal
    wicklessgal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to get under 200 lbs as well. I could definately use the support of others that are going through the same thing. Really trying to make this work this time!! This isn't a diet it is a lifestyle change!!! Please feel free to add me!
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I wanna get under 200 lbs! Went to the doc about 6 weeks ago and got a shock when the scale read 248. I've always been a big girl but thats almost 250!!!!!! So a friend told be about this site. I haven't been perfect and lots of days I just screw up royally but I'm down to 236 already...YaY!!! At least I'm not gaining, its a loss, and I'm feeling a lil better about myself! So yes, I wanna be under 200 lbs!!!! I'd like to have that done by Sept. I know I gotta buckle down and do alot better and it just may not be possible but its a goal. Ultimately, I'd like to be at 150 lbs and then re-evaulate my goals at that point. More importantly though, I just want to be more healthy. My fitness goal is to be able to run a 5k. Yes. Run. The whole thing! (I am not and have never been a runner, but I like the idea of it). So count me in and lets count 'em down!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's my first major goal! I weighed in this morning at 227.4!.
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    Count me in. That's my 1st goal i'm working on is to get under 200. I need all the encouragement and motivation I can. Add me!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Count me in I wanna be under 200 lbs! I'm getting there but still have a ways to go, but I have confidence that we can all do it!!! I sent a few of you friend requests as I read through here, and feel free to add me!
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    Anyone catch Oprah's show yesterday? Her long time trainer and friend, Bob Green was on. Nothing new, but I found it motivating all the same. Four cornerstones to being healthy and looking and feeling younger: Exercise, Calorie Intake, Skin Care, and Sleep.
  • paulasue75
    Options
    OH YES I DO!!! I have been over 200 for 5 years now! Am am sooooooooo ready to be under 199!!! ....My top weight was 224. I started MFP at 212. I'm down to 203.2 . So close to 199 i can taste it!
  • paulasue75
    Options
    Poppy thanx, that's a great reminder:wink:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am find some days are harder than others. ugh..Why is it easy to gain and harder to lose. I know I'll be happier in the end. That's what keeps me going...
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bombolina- it;s because it takes more willpower to lose then it does to gain. i mean who really wants to monitor the food they eat and workout hard to burn calories instead of lounging around ad eating tasty food. You can do it. Remember it's always easier to drag someone down then to pull them up. Don't let the weight drag you down. You got this.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am not usually a toot my own horn kind of a girl, but in this case I want to brag, and maybe provide encouragement. I have started walking to work (just shy of one mile) and a group of us walk at lunch. Last night when I got home I hit the new RunKeeper app on my phone and did 2 miles of "wogging". So, if I keep this up I will be doing anywhere from 2-4 miles a day. THAT makes me happy!
  • ktc33
    Options
    I am not usually a toot my own horn kind of a girl, but in this case I want to brag, and maybe provide encouragement. I have started walking to work (just shy of one mile) and a group of us walk at lunch. Last night when I got home I hit the new RunKeeper app on my phone and did 2 miles of "wogging". So, if I keep this up I will be doing anywhere from 2-4 miles a day. THAT makes me happy!

That's great! I wish I lived close enough to work so that I could walk there.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    one-derland.....i cant freaking wait!!!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I fell off the walking train this weekend, but I'm going to get back on today!
  • ktc33
    Options
    So this week I've decided to avoid drinking diet soda. Hopefully I can stick with it.