Greetings from Cape Town, RSA!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm just getting started on this app. I've been Banting for about 6 months with very little results, so a friend suggested I track everything I eat and do... so here goes! So far, this app seems great! Anyone have tips or tricks that have helped that I might benefit from?

Replies

• Seiferzz
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using this App for the last 11 days now and it's really helping me track my calorie intake. Be sure to weigh anything you eat and if you're eating or drinking something (except water) packed, you can use the "scan barcode" function to quickly find what you're eating without spending time researching for it. I guess that's one of the most innovative features.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Justine :) Greetings from Johannesburg

If you are keen there is a South Africa group on here too! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4711-south-africa

This is a fantastic app, tips I can offer, use a food scale (for most accurate results) and log everything you eat, oh and the scale is a dirty lying *kitten* so remember to measure yourself to see results when the scale isnt happening

Good luck on your journey!
  • THEMBE93
    THEMBE93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    well done for joining
  • JustineRSA2014
    Options
    Thanks Seiferzz! I didn't eve see that function until now :D I will certainly make use of it!

• JustineRSA2014
    Options
    Thanks SuperC_85! I will check it out :wink:
  • netnicole270
    Options
    Hi Justine,

Would like to know how has banting treated you?

I've lost 12 KG with Slender Wonder and gained more back because I could keep up with the SW lifestyle.

I'm starting banting tomorrow with the hope that I can improve my insulin resistance.