Not new, but needing more help and support

Options
Howdy Y'all!

I'm 28 and moved to Ft Worth (GO Frogs!) last fall after being on a good program with my gym in Illinois where I had lost a solid 40-45 lbs in a few months.. All was good, until I moved down here and fell off the wagon to say the least. and I gained, and gained, and gained... until I was nearly back where I started :( So here I am at 423 lbs (God I hate that number) and needing to start over again.. I wish I had the money for personal training all the time but I flat out don't..

That's not an excuse to get a workout though as I did 40-45 on my own without a trainer! plus I drive by this gym twice a day on my way to and from work.. I have the motivation, I just need the support to help keep me going. I try to support others as I can, but it's hard to support when you can't support yourself at times... I would love all the friends I can get to help push me towards my goals and to help keep me on track.. PM, add, whatever :) can't wait to meet more friends!

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There is nothing worse than gaining the weight you lost, I know. It took me forever to stop kicking myself. You have your age and time on your side and you can definitely do this again. Remember, it's okay to fall off the wagon, just get back on!

The 5:2 diet has helped me realize real hunger vs just feel like eating. It also helps because I can enjoy my weekends without worry about going over my calories since with the 5:2 diet I have a higher calorie goal on 5 of the days. Google it!
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Howdy, please feel free to add me, I'm a TCU Horned Frog alum. (Class of '90). Happy to help in any way. I'm an asthmatic marathoner & ultramarathoner. Have lost a lot of weight with support of MFP and MFP pals. GO FROGS GO! B)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey -- good you jumped back on the wagon! Happy to lend support and motivation! Add me if you'd like.
  • hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks Y'all!