Day two time to intro myself

Options
Hi I started my fitness pal yesterday after hearing about it from a friend. 1st time ever i have tried anything like this.
I am hoping to get back to what i weighed before i gave up smoking (3 months non smoking = 7 kilo's extra weight), now that i have smoking under control it is now time to get my eating habits under control also.

Replies

• zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    hello and welcome to the site....
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome good luck this site has help me alot and im doing well if i do say so myself. lol
    where u from?
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. You'll find this is a great place for tips, motivation and friendship!!! Good on you for kicking the smoking habit! If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free! :=)
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WTG on giving up smoking! I'm doing it the opposite way round ....... getting my eating and weight under control first and then going to attempt to give up the cigs! How did you go about giving up smoking and did you really reach for food instead of a smoke?

Welcome to MFP and good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsfuzzle
    Options
    loldaz I am from NZ

nykdem I actually had my weight under control before giving up but once i gave up i slipped back into bad eating habits, my biggest problem was not feeling full after a meal so i would eat something sweet to help satisfy me. I used Champix to help give up smoking and would highly suggest you check it out but there is one downside to it and that is that i found it helped pile the weight on. I know numerous people that have used it & all have gained at least 1 kilo per week, we all stopped using it after 5-7 weeks & the weight gain slowed to about half.
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    WTG on giving up smoking! I'm doing it the opposite way round ....... getting my eating and weight under control first and then going to attempt to give up the cigs! How did you go about giving up smoking and did you really reach for food instead of a smoke?

Welcome to MFP and good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me.
    this is what i am doing too i going to get weight under control then stop smoking, :smokin:
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well done on the non smoking. And welcome to MFP.
  • susanturley50
    Options
    Hello all
    This if my this time being a part of a program like this, but it sounds like a wonderful site, I just turn fifty, and want to stay healthy, wealthy, and wise, and I know getting my weight under control will help. I'm sure this will be a positive experience. I'm looking forward and expect greatness!! with my success!! My best to everyone.

Sue
  • nagardner
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, susanturley50 and mrsfuzzle! =)