Starting stronglift 5x5 next week who with me?

Options
Starting stronglift 5x5 next week who with me?

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost a year. You'll love it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Good luck, it's a great program to start with!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Already started 5/3/1 this week. i will have to pass. Let us know the progress. I might do that program after I fit in some muscular endurance when my program is over.

Also how would you modify the workout to lift five days a week? Also one deadlift set for 5 reps. I need more deadlifts LOL. Actually my second favorite exercise under bench press.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm actually planning to start it on Oct 27th, I'm going on vacation at the end of next week so the week I get back I thought it would be a good change of pace from my current lifting routine :smiley:
  • natecooper75
    natecooper75 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Already started 5/3/1 this week. i will have to pass. Let us know the progress. I might do that program after I fit in some muscular endurance when my program is over.

Also how would you modify the workout to lift five days a week? Also one deadlift set for 5 reps. I need more deadlifts LOL. Actually my second favorite exercise under bench press.

Not to threadjack, but 5/3/1 doesn't have a specific end point. It could go on forever if you follow it to the letter. Make sure you read some of the additional stuff on T-Nation and check out the 5/3/1 forum on that site as well. Tons of good info there.
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't have the weight set anymore :-/
  • onasaz
    onasaz Posts: 19
    Options
    Started yesterday and need advice about proper squat form. All tips appreciated, this is my squat video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIcSwiIktUQ&edit=vd
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    slow up homie. You're moving way too fast to get a good form look. On the last squat on the video it looks like your knees waggle in during the upward lift. Get a different view for us to see, you don't want those knees to collapse in.